• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About 2 weeks of IF

JPEG_20190808_230046.jpg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is with cardio? Maybe I should add in cardio... Looking good!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is with cardio? Maybe I should add in cardio... Looking good!
Just riding my bike to work (10 minute one way, leisurely) and maybe one 2 mile run every other week

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had mild hypertension for over a decade. Up until 2017, this did not warrant intervention according to the official guidelines, which specified 140/90 as the threshold for treatment. This was then revised down (after considerable lobbying by the pharma industry) to 130/80 and I started hearing I should be on blood pressure lowering medication(s).

Being disinclined to this option, I went doctor shopping and finally found one who didn't just want to write prescriptions. He told me to go to the Red Cross and donate whole blood as often as their schedule allows, as the hypotensive effects of phlebotomy have been recognized since the early 1900s* and the effect persists for a considerable period after each blood letting.

Anyway, just two donations later, my blood pressure is indeed completely normal again (below 120/80) and hopefully I might even have earned a few karma points in the process. Texted my doc the results and asked the obvious question: "Why isn't this more standard?" Got the obvious answer: "No money in it."

:(

* https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01733828

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
That’s all kinds of awesome.

hendrix

Ill-proportioned
Reaction score
I've had mild hypertension for over a decade. Up until 2017, this did not warrant intervention according to the official guidelines, which specified 140/90 as the threshold for treatment. This was then revised down (after considerable lobbying by the pharma industry) to 130/80 and I started hearing I should be on blood pressure lowering medication(s).

Being disinclined to this option, I went doctor shopping and finally found one who didn't just want to write prescriptions. He told me to go to the Red Cross and donate whole blood as often as their schedule allows, as the hypotensive effects of phlebotomy have been recognized since the early 1900s* and the effect persists for a considerable period after each blood letting.

Anyway, just two donations later, my blood pressure is indeed completely normal again (below 120/80) and hopefully I might even have earned a few karma points in the process. Texted my doc the results and asked the obvious question: "Why isn't this more standard?" Got the obvious answer: "No money in it."

:(

* https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01733828
While I am 100% for donating blood on a humanitarian level, and do so myself every 6 weeks or so, it is very fucking obvious why this isn't standard treatment.

rishabhb398

Reaction score
Hey, exercise or working out is really important for our body otherwise the body will dull. If you keep on working out regularly, you will be far away from health issues. There are a lot more benefits of working out. I am mentioning some of them:

1. You feel happy
2. Good for Muscle and Bones
3. Increase in Energy Level
4. Helps in Skin Health
5. Help your Brain and Memory
6. Relaxation and Good Sleep

These are just some.... there are a whole lot of more benefits.
So keep on working out and take care of yourself :)

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Progress pics

August 1:
20190801_233012.jpg
20190801_233017.jpg

Today:
20190820_134527.jpgk20190820_134531.jpg

Small changes going from 177 to 174. I think I'm going to try to keep eating aimming for .5lbs drop a week until next Friday then I'll just maintain for a while

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bene - incredible progress, and basically perfect form. A touch stronger than Brad Pitt in Fight Club to make a random reference!

Sorry if posted before, but what is your workout/diet summary these days? TY!!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bene - incredible progress, and basically perfect form. A touch stronger than Brad Pitt in Fight Club to make a random reference!

Sorry if posted before, but what is your workout/diet summary these days? TY!!
Thanks!!

I lift 3x a week
Chest/shoulders, Legs/tri, back/bi. I change at least one exercise for each muscle group each time I go just to keep things fun.

I also always do one set of a bicep exercise in each lifting day. I just feel like my arms respond to high frequency mid to low volume.

For cardio I ride my bike to work very very leisurely.

Diet has been on point. I eat around 2000 cals a day which is what I need to do to cut .5lbs a week to get to 173 target. From there I'll just maintain (2200 cals). Intially I just ate whatever but now I try to eat lots of fruits and veggies and get 130g of protein.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Down to 173 and I think I'm going to stop here and just maintain and maybe increase strength a little. By that I just mean maximize strebgth and size for a near net 0 caloric intake vs now while I was running a deficit.

This is a morning pic after a light breakfast (coffee, whey in water, toast with pb)

20190828_085508.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Since my last postings here 10 years ago...about 3 years ago I got really into fitness. Prior to that I was basically doing bullshit fitness, shitty workouts at the gym even tho I was going about 5 days week, along with a shitty diet etc. just every fitness mistake you could make while fooling yourself you were actively trying to be fit.

Then I joined my wife's boutique gym locally, that is a HIRT program (high intensity resistance training)....so basically a 35 minute intense workout with weights and bodyweight, but does focus a lot on weight strength conditioning so it isnt quite like HIIT.

Since I started that in 2017, I lost about 30lbs (178 to 149 tho now I'm maintaingin at a 152-155 range), my bodyfat went from around 19% to 11%, my jeans size went from 32-34 down to 28-30. My shirt size went from Med to Small or even X-Small, tho I look like I wear a much larger size. Used to be on some meds for high blood pressure and cholesterol, now I'm off those completely.

Clothes def fit and look better as a result. Fitness is def the best style accessory you can have.

Attachments

Last edited:

beepbop

Reaction score
First meet is in 3 weeks! Right quad is mostly feeling fine, and weight is hovering between 181-183, so I should have no issue making weight for the 83kg weight class. As of right now, I think my openers will be 365/235/420 for S/B/D, and hoping to at the very least match gym PRs on the platform.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.