• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random health and exercise thoughts

Coldsnap

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Progress so far. Decided to weight loss competition with a buddy so I went a bit nuts before the weigh-in to inflate my numbers.

diet: one meal a day, low carb, one break day a week
workouts: 3 20 min tabata rides and 2 30 min weight lifting (light load high reps) a week

start date:
02/23: 181 (my weight this was probably low 170's)
03/03: 170
03/09: 167
03/14: 165

Took me about 2 weeks to get used to eating 1 meal a day. Not having to worry about what to eat for lunch is pretty nice actually. Once I reach my goal, I'll probably continue one meal a day, but eat whatever I want for dinner.
How many calories are in that one meal? You realize protein absorption caps out at like 65g of protein so you'll be pissing / shitting out the rest.

Grats on the weight loss though, that sounds brutal.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Progress so far. Decided to weight loss competition with a buddy so I went a bit nuts before the weigh-in to inflate my numbers.

diet: one meal a day, low carb, one break day a week
workouts: 3 20 min tabata rides and 2 30 min weight lifting (light load high reps) a week

start date:
02/23: 181
03/03: 170
03/09: 167
03/14: 165

Took me about 2 weeks to get used to eating 1 meal a day. Not having to worry about what to eat for lunch is pretty nice actually. Once I reach my goal, I'll probably continue one meal a day, but eat whatever I want for dinner.
This rate of weight loss is concerning for someone your size even with low glycogen stores.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
losing 2-3 pounds a week in the initial 1 month? my starting number is heavily inflated (no pun intended). my weight before a couple days of binge eating was in low 170.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Low 170s to 165 is much more reasonable. From 181 you were down 16 lbs in 19 days while not carrying a lot of muscle tissue, which is insane.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few notes regarding 1 meal a day IF
  • Took about 2 weeks to get used to not eating during the day, and now it feels completely normal. During the day I just drink tea/coffee/water and no craving at all.
  • After dinner I would get exhausted, this is no longer the case also
  • I do have more energy during the day vs before the diet
  • Once I begin the maintenance phase, I'm going to keep doing IF on weekdays at least and just eat whatever I want for dinner.
Down to 163. Going to start lifting heavier (back to 5x5) but I am an absolute weakling at the moment.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a nice rack, omega.

Benched 265 6,5,5 today at 180 bw. I started creatine monohydrate recently, don't know if it's a placebo effect but i like it and it's really cheap

Zeke90

Reaction score
A few notes regarding 1 meal a day IF
  • Took about 2 weeks to get used to not eating during the day, and now it feels completely normal. During the day I just drink tea/coffee/water and no craving at all.
  • After dinner I would get exhausted, this is no longer the case also
  • I do have more energy during the day vs before the diet
  • Once I begin the maintenance phase, I'm going to keep doing IF on weekdays at least and just eat whatever I want for dinner.
Down to 163. Going to start lifting heavier (back to 5x5) but I am an absolute weakling at the moment.
coffee helps a lot during IF, i usually cut the fast towards the saturdays when im lifting much heavier for the programming but other wise got great results

SJR3

Reaction score
so this is a totally random question (thus this thread!) -- but does anyone know a good conversion from barbell deadlifts to dumbbell deadlifts?
I'm confused by your question. A good conversion from bb to db deadlifts? What do you mean conversion?

I'm assuming you have been doing barbell deadlifts but for some reason are no longer wanting or able to perform them? Most people are capable of using way more weight on a deadlift than would be practical to do with dumbbells.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.