Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Triscuits are so good though. I bet those Wasa crackers are healthier but they're disgusting.

2. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

What makes you think triscuits and cream cheese is a healthy snack though (no snark, genuinely curious).
    If you're just looking for easy carbs and fat it seems like there's a lot of simpler/healthier options (fruit and nuts for one)

3. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

Cottage cheese

The Wasa crackers are not easy to eat. I need to have the munchies to eat them. I don't like the packaging either because they open and you can't close them. I cringe thinking of all the dust that falls in there. You cant turn it on the side or anything either because of the crumbs. They need to mix some kind of edible adhesive with the crackers so that they don't make crumbs. I read that they do that with astronaut food so that the crumbs won't get in the air filters.

I'd also like to find a fat free yogurt they don't load up with sugar. I guess I could always buy plain and mix something in.

Alcohol aside I've just completely stopped buying unhealthy food. I tend to buy the same items all the time. It makes things boring but I feel more healthy now and more than ever. Even the lady working the checkout comments on how healthy my purchases are.

4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Just get some good Icelandic yoghurt (Siggi's if youre in the US) or quark, they have pretty low sugars and have fat free versions. Or just keep eating cottage cheese, pretty much the same.

5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

When I was in college, and fat was still the enemy (and not carbs) I used to eat a box of Triscuits with cream cheese and a Dr. Pepper as a "healthy-ish" dinner every night. I ended up getting cut, though I was also working out twice a day...

Guess it just depends on your activity level. :p

6. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

Friend set an unofficial deadlift world record with her 4th attempt this weekend.

Pulled 220kg/484lb at 55kg/121lb bw.

Guy who use to compete in my class but is now 6lbs over pulled [email protected] New world record for 220s.

7. Nafets47

Nafets47 Senior member

That is nuts. I thought I was okay doing [email protected]

But I also dead lift once in a while and only when other guys are doing it.

Question, do you use straps and a belt? I see people use them but I figured if you have correct form what is the problem?

8. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

Most healthy individuals at 180 will be able to pull 500 in their first year of consistent powerlift training IME.

No, I don't use straps. I use a mixed grip and alternate hands every once in a while. Yes, I use a belt for conventional deadlifts(my competition stance). My belt use is varied for other deadlift variations.

Both records mentioned above were pulled sumo. The 927 was hook gripped — ouch.

9. Nafets47

Nafets47 Senior member

That makes sense on the consistent training.

What are you at currently?

10. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

My DL training weights range from [email protected]

No plans to compete until at least next summer so just taking it easy while working towards aesthetic / non-powerlifting strength goals.

I want more low trap+rear delt size, a strict BW+180lb pull-up, a strict 255 OHP, and to be able hold a human flag.

11. concealed

concealed Senior member

12. Carolyn Armstrong

Carolyn Armstrong New Member

You can do simple exercise at home or change the food habits. Not too much eat, just eat healthy food or drink lots of water in a day. Avoid fast food and cut sugar. These things beneficial for you. just try it.