Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Pulled 410x2 raw, no belt/straps. Im loving this intense low volume shit.

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Really liking doing 3x8 and doing a bit of iso work. Pushing more weight for 8 reps then I was for 5 reps last week. Really helped me break through my plateau.

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Good shit man. Just watch those joints

4. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Good shit man. Just watch those joints

Yeah, I have to clean up my form for sure. I dropped my shoulders, didn't bring my hips down low enough on the second rep. Could definitely feel an excess amount of strain in my lower back because of that.

5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Nice. DL day looms ahead tomorrow, see if I can pull 400 for a couple.

6. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Appetite is back up which I think is good. Nervous about my impending cut... starts in 11 days. Gonna see if all this shit I've been reading about will actually work... and in the mean time, gorge a bit to build some hormonal momentum. We'll see what happens

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Giving a coworker advice on deadlift form. Some guy who has complimented me on my squat form chimes in and says "listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about."

Also, realized that in the 3 or 4 years i've been working out, I've been a member of 6 different gyms, one of which went through three different incarnations. That feels like a lot.

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

havent been doing any cardio as of late cuz our apt management sux here on getting anything repaired, so ive been hitting a lot of light weights and even then i feel too much bulk coming back (or at least my muscles are getting gorged with blood again) and it is sustaining and i cant really fit into my smalls anymore. [​IMG]
    cant wait tilll i hit the cardio in full stride again, drop the weights and get back to my ethiopian looks again. [​IMG]

9. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Leg pressed about 850 today for 3. Now my thighs are huge and grotesque. If I keep up this, you guys will see a lot of my wardrobe in B&S soon. [​IMG]

10. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Out of curiosity- what BB forums did/are you guys hang out on before SF? I've been on ironmagazine for about 5 years, and bb.com for a little over 4 years. I use to go on this site called abc bodybuilding way back in the day, but the guys that started it were Jesus freaks and started making everything all religious and shit.

11. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

I was a M&F subscriber for a few years followed by BB. BB got too broish for me, so I quit. I do own Arnold's The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding that I still frequently read.

12. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Never bothered with online training forums until I recently joined IA. I just followed programs my coaches gave me (see caveat). Now, after all my coaches quit/got laid off/found better jobs, I use IA as a reference.

Caveat: only one of my four coaches really understood strength training at all. I honestly believe that if I had switched from their programs to IAs 2 years earlier I would be much stronger now.
    A strength mesocycle shouldn't be 4x10 reps.

13. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Second week into 5x5. Really starting to enjoy big compound movements, especially the press.

14. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Leg pressed about 850 today for 3. Now my thighs are huge and grotesque. If I keep up this, you guys will see a lot of my wardrobe in B&S soon. [​IMG]

If your calves keep up with your quads, we can be leg twins! I hate the fact I have to buy a larger waist just so I can fit the rest of my legs into my pants. Stupid ginormous calves...

15. Wodin

Wodin Active Member

Tooch, I have the same problem. With a good tailor you can get that waist taken in nicely and the legs should fit fine.