• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Or try adding some unflavored fiber to it. Gives it a thicker texture and makes it more filling.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a base, I put in kale (or collards, or turnip greens), spinach (or Swiss chard), a teaspoon of spirulina (it's like a type of seaweed), chia seeds, half a clove of garlic, small piece of ginger with the whey. I also will sometimes put in a half an avocado. Then ice and water or coconut water.

In addition to these, I will also throw in some fruits, to make the taste more bearable. I might try cutting back on the fruits if I decide to slim down (especially if I wanted to look like that guy a couple of posts up).

You should experiment with what works for you. I used to not eat that well, and I've used the blender in the past couple years as a way of getting better nutrition in my body. The effect on my overall health have been stunning.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you mean me? I think I have a lot more energy during the day, and I sleep better too. I used to have a lot of trouble falling asleep, but since I've started putting together my nutrition I'm generally out in two minutes. And my skin looks a lot better as well. And my bowel movements are killing it.

As far as workouts are concerned, it's hard for me to know if eating a ton of greens is helping there much, since there's so many factors involved. I would say that I have good workouts much more consistently; it's rare that I have a day when I just don't feel like going to the gym, and have to force myself, if that makes sense.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never felt significantly better or worse when I'm on a poor vs a healthy diet. I notice when I haven't had enough sleep, when I'm hungover, and when I've got a cold. That's pretty much it. The rest of the time I just feel...I dunno, normal? Good when I'm happy, bad when I'm sad...etc.

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but I'm frequently astonished when I hear people say they feel amazing now that they're consuming kale smoothies or whatever. Do you really? Or is the fact that you're eating healthily making you want to feel amazing?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i feel ****** when i overeat for a long time. like always bloated. also when i'm cutting. especially if i'm working out before breakfast

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Do you mean me? I think I have a lot more energy during the day, and I sleep better too. I used to have a lot of trouble falling asleep, but since I've started putting together my nutrition I'm generally out in two minutes. And my skin looks a lot better as well. And my bowel movements are killing it.  

Thanks, this might be the tipping point for me -- time to finally get the blender in action and find out how to wash vegetables.

I was curious because (as I've mentioned -- and I think mocked by Hendrix before, lol) my parents greatly improved their cholesterol profile and blood pressure by drinking green juice once or twice a day. (Kale, spinach, cucumber, celery, and ginger for sure, plus random other things). Those just seem to handle so many areas you don't tend to think about, it seems a solid idea.

I guess we tend to notice the bad things. Sleep is key for me as well, others are way trickier to note. I did notice when eating a balanced diet with fish oil plus the basic anti-inflammatory spices on my breakfast every morning (cayenne, turmeric and pepper, ginger) my mild rosacea went away (until I started eating poorly again). I hope that's indicative of a systemic reduction of inflammation, the root of all the really bad things. My very slow hair loss stalled for those 3 years, too, though that could just be luck.

Otherwise, things seem more or less the same.

What I really want to discover is how to eat like the pre-war Japanese culture. No hair loss there until they became westernized. :p

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Processed carbs make me fatigued so when i'm relatively low on that front i feel a lot better.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend sources for meal inspiration? I'm trying to work out a diet with some variety but having trouble getting beyond the standard bodybuilder stuff.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maineswear