Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Fwok me... a guy at my gym this AM... behind the neck seated shoulder press... 315 x4

[​IMG]

That's too much. I am at 285 right now but I won't go further because my elbow can't take the pressure.

2. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

Cracked triple digits for weighted dips today.. +100lbs on the dip belt for a single. It was a struggle but I did make it all the way to lockout. +bodyweight is the goal - 40lbs to go for that.. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Impressive, +100 is great regardless of BW.

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Got form checked on my squats today, looking good, getting horizontal, no issues.

Gotta get off IF though. I think I have GERD, so all that 2000 calories 1/2 an hr before bed stuff is a no go. It's possibly the cause of my sore throat/sinus issues. Gonna switch eating strategies to see if shit gets better.

4. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Pulled 315 today! New PR! Also: DL form check?

5. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

what are dumbbell pullovers?
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. You don't have to go sideways on the bench but most do. Hits the tri's a fair amount too.

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

huh ... i always do this standing up. maybe lying down will get me swoled like this monster

7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Form looks good GN. Start w/the legs, keep the back straight... I don't see anything wrong. Def would wanna see form on that 315 as that's prob where it starts to go. Making a lot of friends at this new gym, seems like people there are a lot more serious + enthusiastic about lifting. Good as it makes it more fun, bad cause my workouts can't seem to get under 1.5 hrs for 16 sets of work [​IMG]

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

I saw 2 indian men at my gym stop working out momentarily to start dancing to get low by lil wayne for a few minutes. I love the weird people my gym seems to attract.

9. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

Probably listening to India winning the World Cup. [​IMG]

10. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

huh ... i always do this standing up. maybe lying down will get me swoled like this monster
    Standing up? You mean this? That's a triceps extension- different lift altogether.

11. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

At my friends hosue for a dinner party and we decided to impromptu get dfown on his bench. IS this reallydumb? I ended up doing a few reps past where I'm at with SS, I guess out of some competetive bravado.

Todays is a Sat. and I'm on a MWF schedule normally.

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Standing up?

You mean this?

That's a triceps extension- different lift altogether.

nah standing with a cable from behind pulling forward above my head. at least it looks to be the same motion as this guy but rotated 90°

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

At my friends hosue for a dinner party and we decided to impromptu get dfown on his bench. IS this reallydumb? I ended up doing a few reps past where I'm at with SS, I guess out of some competetive bravado.

Doing a couple reps on a rest day isn't going to fuck up your recover. You could probably do with training more then 3 days a week too.

14. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Senior member

^^Nice- was hitting 100 until my shoulder permanently got old.

Very nice. Was once at +90 5x5... but +100 for your size is impressive.

[​IMG] Impressive, +100 is great regardless of BW.

Thanks fellas... appreciate the props. :[​IMG]

Goal for 2011 is +100lbs for 3 reps, so got a ways to go. On the positive side, my shoulder didn't bother me at all during the dips which is much better than a couple of weeks ago where I couldn't even go down with bodyweight without feeling pain. I'd say I should be back to normal in a week or two.

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

You'll be fine, though I should mention I once strained my bicep on heavyish flyes by having an arm wrestling contest on my off day between back/bi chest/tris