Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

It's almost like everyones body is different and responds to different things best (within a certain range), which makes studies... problematic.

2. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Eason, I want ur sekrits.

Don't buy a pair of jeans until you 1rm at least 1.5x bw, and then only buy Petite Standards?

3. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I will totally do that. Do you know where a very accurate measurement guide is located?

4. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

It's almost like everyones body is different and responds to different things best (within a certain range), which makes studies... problematic.
    ding ding ding. some people can intake only 1g/lb and have strength and/or physiques better than 99.9% of gym-goers out there. others may need 2g/lb. it's really dependent on the person.

5. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Getting tired of strength training too, might switch to a hypertrophy program for a bit. My over head press has been going up rapidly without any real increase in shoulder size. Thinking of doing this for 3x8 except pull ups and dips, which Ill just do 3 sets of and deadlifts, which ill keep at 5x5 because I like them. Shouldn't really have a problem with fatigue, I didn't really like starting strength because I was only tired for a few hours after. I'm eating about 4000-5000 calories a day and around 300-400 grams of protein so recovery shouldn't be a problem.

A
    Bench press
    Dumbbell incline press
    Dips
    Dumbbell over head press
    Dumbbell over head press twists
    Upright rows
    Skull Crushers

B
    Pull ups
    Bent over barbell row
    Dumbbell row
    Cable row
    Dumbbell curls
    Front squats
    dead lifts

Shut up and learn how to squat and deadlift [​IMG]

6. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I've added 5lbs of mass the past 1.5months eating a little over my maintenance. I've def added plenty of muscle mass with very little body fat addition. Can't say I ever really consumed more that 100-150 grams of protein a day. (or had much of a strict diet where I ate the same thing every day)

By the by, actually felt pretty solid with my workout tonight. Worked out with my old workout partner since i was back in my hometown for a few days and that really helped my push myself a bit more.

7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I will totally do that. Do you know where a very accurate measurement guide is located?

Yes, it is located in the closest store that sells APC's in person. I recommend flying to Seoul to buy a pair.

8. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

So, should there be absolutely no soreness in the lower back after doing deadlifts? (assuming one is using proper form)

I have general muscle soreness there, along with being sore along most of my posterior chain. Just wondering if this is a dead give away of "you're doing it wrong"

9. APK

APK Senior member

So, should there be absolutely no soreness in the lower back after doing deadlifts? (assuming one is using proper form)

I have general muscle soreness there, along with being sore along most of my posterior chain. Just wondering if this is a dead give away of "you're doing it wrong"

I'm not sure if it's a sign you're doing it wrong, but I haven't noted any real lower back soreness the day after a DL session. Rack pulls, on the other hand...

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

not necessarily. it really depends on what your weak points are.

the most sore part of my body after deadlifts changes every few months. for a few it'll be my lower back, then my upper, then sometimes even my traps, glutes, etc. it depends on where my sticking point moves.

given that, it can definitely be a form issue too. can't really give my opinion on it without a video.

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

As long as it isn't only my lower back that's sore it's okay. Should be mostly hamstrings/glutes.

12. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

I did dead's yesterday and my back is sore all over! Course i took two weeks off to let my shoulder heal (is everyone having shoulder trouble lol?).

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

Fooj please post meal plan. I have trouble hitting 300g on a 3500 calorie day w/a 75g shake.

I usually have 4 eggs and bacon in the morning, 1 protein bar before my workout and then I have about 3 dinners when I get home. Usually a pound of meat or fish for each one. I also have 3 scoops of whey before I go to bed. I've been putting on more mass then when I was eating only say 100g of protein a day and was very little fat gains. That prison thing is a bunch of shit.

For deads my hamstrings and traps are usually sore, used to be my lower back for a while.

14. blondieyo

blondieyo New Member

So first post, joined for the fashion advice but i always end up finding myself in the health/fitness section on forums.

Anyway, i'm plateauing hard on pretty much all my lifts and i'm starting to get a little depressed about it. I changed my workout up dramatically about 4 months ago hoping i'd see a big increase but i've got nothing [​IMG] help me!

15. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Eat more and gain weight