Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. why

why Senior member

so she actually popped your ribs back in? shit man...

what does subluxed mean?

The joint pops in and out of place chronically, causing inflammation.

2. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I don't have a very bad case of it, but I have had these pinches for a while, and when I feel a pinch and go to the chiro, she says it's a rib. I would like this to stop happening. I feel that it could be my deadlift form or perhaps squatting itself and I am unable to correct it. She suggested cold pressed wheat germ oil (I guess it is topical) and manganese (???), both of which sound like snake oil to me.

My joints still hurt from power cleans and my traps are still sore, hah. I'm such a fuck up. However, I flexed my traps for my GF last night and she was thoroughly disturbed so I feel GREAT LOLOL.

3. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I think I'm dropping my bench too hard on my ribs and that is what is causing my issues.

4. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

I think I'm dropping my bench too hard on my ribs and that is what is causing my issues.

Could be, you shouldn't be bouncing the bar off your chest when you press: just a touch and explode back up.

5. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

The joint pops in and out of place chronically, causing inflammation.
    ouch.
    I don't have a very bad case of it, but I have had these pinches for a while, and when I feel a pinch and go to the chiro, she says it's a rib. I would like this to stop happening. I feel that it could be my deadlift form or perhaps squatting itself and I am unable to correct it. She suggested cold pressed wheat germ oil (I guess it is topical) and manganese (???), both of which sound like snake oil to me.

My joints still hurt from power cleans and my traps are still sore, hah. I'm such a fuck up. However, I flexed my traps for my GF last night and she was thoroughly disturbed so I feel GREAT LOLOL.

that sounds hardout snake oil.

haha, my mrs is thoroughly disturbed by the potbelly i'm putting on in my attempt to gain weight. up to 160lbs now, only 15 more to go!

that'd do it.

frikken benchpress is the bane of my existence.

also my gym running out of chalk like clockwork before i do deadlifts each week. gonna just bring some straps along every time from now.

6. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

also my gym running out of chalk like clockwork before i do deadlifts each week. gonna just bring some straps along every time from now.

Take your own chalk?

7. whallyden

whallyden Senior member

Are straps equivalent to chalk in terms of assisting grip? Straps seem like a bit of a crutch...

8. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

Take your own chalk man, trust me! I used to be all about the straps but then dropped them to build up me grip strength. My forearms have increased noticeably in size too. Plus it's an ego boost when you know you can lift all that weight raw! [​IMG]

9. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

If you want a stronger "grip" on DL's and don't already - you can do that alternating grip, although it can cause an imbalance. I figure if my grip limits me a bit, it's a good thing, but lifting without chalk is a nightmare.

I'm in a good zone right now of feeling like I'm learning something every other trip to the garage. I browsed the DL section of SS book last Sunday while I was fckn with power cleans. I was banging my knees on power cleans, which lead me to the DL section (because the beginning of the power clean is a DL), which lead me to re-examine the lift off the ground for DL's.

10. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Oh, and I bought some lengths of chain. 2 ~10lb 8ft lengths. That was the heaviest chain I saw at Home Depot. I'm not 100% sure what I want to do with them yet, but I put one on for pull ups today. Attached it around my waist with a simple "S" link. I am hoping that weighted pulls ups, chin ups, push ups, and inverted rows will boost my bench and overhead press. I'm not sure how to attach a chain for push ups yet.

11. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Senior member

I'm in a good zone right now of feeling like I'm learning something every other trip to the garage. I browsed the DL section of SS book last Sunday while I was fckn with power cleans. I was banging my knees on power cleans, which lead me to the DL section (because the beginning of the power clean is a DL), which lead me to re-examine the lift off the ground for DL's.

What did u learn?

12. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I knew I was banging my knees too much, so I learned that I can make a decision to push more from the feet. I was beginning the lift more by increasing the angle at my groin (a pull against the bar) and not by increasing the angle at my knees (a push against the floor). If you start it by increasing the angle at the knees, your shins straighten to vertical earlier in the lift and you don't bang your knees. I hope that is clear.

13. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Yup, knee angle opens first, before the hip angle.

14. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

If you want a stronger "grip" on DL's and don't already - you can do that alternating grip, although it can cause an imbalance. I figure if my grip limits me a bit, it's a good thing, but lifting without chalk is a nightmare.

already doing alternating grip.

just got some chalk today. i might have to work on y deadlift form for a bit.

15. yayorc

yayorc Senior member

If you can't grip the weight naturally then perhaps you should drop it, do more reps, and work on your form. Or try a new exercise.