• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
1oz of RAW chicken breast, no skin, is typically listed as:

~31 calories, <1% (0 grams) fat and <1% (0 grams carbs), 6g protein.

So 7.3oz = ~225-230 calories. ~42g protein.

Your calc might include skin, thus the fat.

7.3 oz COOKED (dry heat) would equal closer to 335 calories and fat closer to 6-7 grams.

I tinkered a bit with fitday and I am getting the right numbers. Thank you.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Gonna go kickboxing for the first time today.. First time doing any kind of martial arts/fighting, kinda nervous/excited.

Are you joining a class or did you hire a trainer?

I started boxing lessons a couple of weeks ago, but I do have a martial arts background.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: the strap discussion, does it really matter what brand? Inzer has them for $7. But I don't know how much shipping to WA. would be. Which is a problem since I could get away with using 1&quot; nylon webbing, of which I have tons.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright I'll scrounge something up. mismatched, non-pretty gear gives +10 strength internet power-lifting points anyways.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
What do you guys think about weight belts? I'd say only if you're squatting/benching/pulling near your 1RM, or it will lead to bad habits.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had a belt I'd only use it on top sets.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
What do you guys think about weight belts? I'd say only if you're squatting/benching/pulling near your 1RM, or it will lead to bad habits.

Agreed. Only when **** gets serious. Only lift I use a belt on is DL, and even then only at maybe 85% 1RM.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Very random: I drank too much wine and beer and smoked too much weed last night, and combined with less than 6 hours of sleep I feel absolutely ******* awful. I just want to lie down somewhere dark until I recoup, but no chance of that. Two more hours of class to teach, then off to the gym to punish my miserable pathetic body into sculpted granite.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason

I dunno, I've got a weird recurring back injury, so any time I feel it start to flare up I'll put on a belt for my work sets.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
I dunno, I've got a weird recurring back injury, so any time I feel it start to flare up I'll put on a belt for my work sets.
I had a minor disk slippage this summer and I now wear a belt for my working sets; as good as your form might be, it can always break down if you're pushing your limit. I just rather would be safe than earn Internet points.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disk slippage scares me, but I feel like belts blunt the effectiveness of big lifts

How'd you slip it GN?

--------------------------------

Last night I had 2400 calories and almost 240g of protein. Getting the hang of my diet. Wish I had more choice for cheap fish though. Don't like tuna, tilapia is blah, salmon is nice but expensive... really wish I could get flounder w/skin, I used to make a nice parmesan + diced tomato + olive flounder dish I learned at a restaurant.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yeah baby, 250 squats 3x5 no ******* problem you sluts. **** you too, hangover

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw a guy running backwards and sideways on a treadmill. I can see doing this (at least the sideways part) on a track, but doing it on a treadmill seems like a surefire way to get a tooth knocked out.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
Saw a guy running backwards and sideways on a treadmill. I can see doing this (at least the sideways part) on a track, but doing it on a treadmill seems like a surefire way to get a tooth knocked out.

I flip around backwards sideways when doing interval work on occasion but I'm always holding onto the rails.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads