1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Fuck thats a high overhead press compared to your dead, mines like a 1/3 what my dead is.

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I slipped a disk in oct and during recovery all I did was upper body work. Also my DL form needed work and its been shooting up since I fixed it. Plus I used to be total bro-mode so my upper body lifts are a lot higher comparatively.

Anybody do kettlebell training? I want to get into it but im not sure my body cam take that + running + 5/3/1

3. APK

APK Senior member

Me, too. No beer, no fruity mixers...maybe just some soda water. I'm sure that has something to do with it.

I've never much liked beer and mostly drank it when it social situations where anything else doesn't make sense (i.e. really busy bar/clubs). I don't really "get" the beer aficionados, either. I've always felt much more at home with gin/tonic, rum, or even whiskey. I'll usually throw some diet soda into the mix with dark liquor, since regular soda makes my stomach churn.

4. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

ditto, have literally never had a whitehead

Feel bad for you acne guys. I might have had 3 pimples my entire life, and I don't really wash my face ever, besides taking a few showers a day.

5. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Overhead pressing my body weight is totally unfathomable to me at 150.

6. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I have to make sure i never look like this. I'm safe, right? [​IMG]

7. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Minus the sunglasses, that actually looks semi decent.

8. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I wish I had that problem.. I can't even fit into boo shirts.. sleeves too slim [​IMG]

9. rjmaiorano

rjmaiorano Senior member

Yea he's not too bad. If he wore shit that fit properly and didn't think his shitdontstank he'd be ok.

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hey if any of you are video game nerds like me and want extra motivation, I have 10 invites to give up for Fitocracy. Feel free to say it's dumb or lol nerds but I know some people go nuts over things like achievements and getting levels and shit from video games. Plus it's an easy way to track your progress.

PM me your email and I'll send an invite. I'll delete this after I'm out of invites.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Re: neck harness I just ordered the yellow Spud harness. I should get it in a week or two. In the meantime I was able to use the gyms dip belt as a neck harness for today's workout.
    Cool. Let me know how it is when you get around to using it.

12. hastur

hastur Senior member

Put on 3lb this week eating 5000-7000 calories a day, 400-500g of protein and training about 2 hours everyday and taking the weight up and training to exhaustion where I literally can't pick up a 5kg weight. A couple weeks ago I was having trouble eating a pound of meat and now I'm pretty easily eating a kilo and about 2000-3000 calories in a setting.
    unless you're pinning grams of gear a week all this is gonna do is make you fat

13. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Titan Sports Club. Youth weightlifting in an abandoned air raid shelter.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

14. Eason

Eason Senior member

Been sick and haven't worked out for a week. I am so afraid of shrinking, as I hit 76kg for the first time in my life and was so happy about it. [​IMG]

15. yayorc

yayorc Senior member

I've been on a health & weight loss kick lately and have been doing pretty well, but have developed some injury in my right leg that keeps shifting from my foot to ankle to calf to quad to glut to back to glut, etc etc. Not sure what kind of medical attention I should seek - any ideas?

16. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I've been on a health & weight loss kick lately and have been doing pretty well, but have developed some injury in my right leg that keeps shifting from my foot to ankle to calf to quad to glut to back to glut, etc etc. Not sure what kind of medical attention I should seek - any ideas?

Been sick and haven't worked out for a week. I am so afraid of shrinking, as I hit 76kg for the first time in my life and was so happy about it. [​IMG]

Last Friday putting the boat in the water for the first time of the season (used some muscles that were dormant..) hurt my back pretty bad and can't run, lift, pullups, etc (or hardly walk for that matter). Been eating pretty bad in conjunction. Pretty amazing (and scary) to see what a week of laying around and eating a shit load of carbs can do to a very reasonable physique.. [​IMG]

17. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

^ a lot of that is probably water weight. cut dem carbs and you'll drpo it.

18. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

DOMS in the abs and lats today. Abs and lats! Not sure if its the cut or more effective form, but I rike it

Also am fully resolving to being a coffee fiend. What counts as a cup, 8 oz? I didn't have any for the first time in weeks yesterday and felt groggy as shit. Having a cup (well, 16 oz really) now, feeling better. Hate the dependency, but it's quality free stuff from work, and is supposedly healthy. So w/e

19. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

You know the gym is 4reelz when most of the squat bars are bent... [​IMG]

20. virus646

virus646 Senior member

Titan Sports Club. Youth weightlifting in an abandoned air raid shelter.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

very nice in its own way, thank you for this!