Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

haha yeah, but the negatives far outweigh the positives.

2. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Wouldn't surprise me if that worked for some people. Actually I wake up significantly more cut after drinking due to dehydration.

Haz something to do with aldosterone IIRC. There were articles about this on Lyles and Berkhans sites, but I'm too lazy to dig 'em up. Also, if you do end up getting those lifts charly, you really need to do a meet someday.

3. mrchariybrown

those numbers are for way down the road. I'm doing a meet this summer regardless.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

5. stever

stever Senior member

I've asked this a few times in the quick questions thread in streetwear without any luck:

I'm looking for workout shorts that are especially slim in the thigh. I have thin thighs and all of my workout shorts wave like flags from my legs even in the smallest sizes. I've seen some high end stuff occasionally that seems to be slim fitting (equivalent to Geller sweats for instance) but I don't want to spend over $100. Any recommendations?

http://www.swrvestore.com/servlet/Detail?no=88
    i got these for winter cycling and somehow they ended up being my gym shorts
    good length, good cut, had to dart the waist a bit because they run about 2" oversize

....and just under $100

6. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

5'11" and 192 at the moment.

So why the fck are you so much stronger than me, we are the same weight + height [​IMG]

(obvious questions require no answers)

If I can get down to 175 and retain my strength... aww man. I am excited as hell about this cut.

7. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

CtK, random question, but what is your favorite upper body excercise?

and how long you do anticipate it will take you to get from 192 to 175? Unfortunately I think you're bound to lose 10 lbs or so on your lifts. I don't know a lot but that seems like a staggering cut to retain comparable strength.

8. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Unfortunately I think you're bound to lose 10 lbs or so on your lifts.

I think this is formulated wrong. I mean it's entirely possible to retain strength while cutting - even for natty guys. I wouldn't expect major strength gains while dieting, but if everything tanks its more of a sign that something's not right.

9. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

LoL. I forgot you used to be a SA at Barneys.

If I had half a brain I still would be. Working a decent job with good benefits and lots of fringe benefits is much better then getting a degree of dubious value in this job market....

Of course I can work out at the college gym for free....

10. mrchariybrown

and how long you do anticipate it will take you to get from 192 to 175? Unfortunately I think you're bound to lose 10 lbs or so on your lifts. I don't know a lot but that seems like a staggering cut to retain comparable strength.
    incorrect and that 10lbs is a completely random statement. it really depends on his current strength levels. if they're fairly modest, he can easily keep and maybe even gain strength. let's say two guys are cutting down from 190 to 175. guy #1 deadlifts 600 guy #2 deadlifts 300 guy #1's strength may or may not suffer guy #2 could easily make gains in my opinion your logic says that I would have to gain about 20 pounds to put 10 pounds on my lifts? [​IMG] haha thankfully for you and me, and everyone else, this is not true [​IMG]

11. Cool The Kid

CtK, random question, but what is your favorite upper body excercise?
    Probably flat barbell bench. That's also the lift that is first to go when I'm not feeling well or eating right
    175 is ideal, I feel that would be like low single digits with ab vascularity and shit. 180 is prob more realistic, and I think I can do that in about 2-3 months. I'm at about 189-190 now actually, I figure I can knock off 2 lb a week starting out and then slow to 1 lb a week once I get past the water weight and stuff. The key is gonna be cutting volume significantly and preserving muscles, which is something I failed to do on my first big cut (and something I think a lot of people fail to do in cuts). I lost about 10-20lb on all my lifts cause I was trying to lift more than when I was bulking. I plan on scaling back to about 1/3-1/2 my normal volume, but at the same weight x reps. We'll see if it works, Lyle McD and MB say they have done that successfully

12. mrchariybrown

I think you're overthinking it to be honest. just start cutting down on your overall caloric intake and lift lift lift.. just cut out a set or two of accessory lifts here and there.

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

You last two to post getting sub10% bf - did you care at all about ratios or just make sure you hit a decent amount of protein?

14. Cool The Kid

I think you're overthinking it to be honest. just start cutting down on your overall caloric intake and lift lift lift.. just cut out a set or two of accessory lifts here and there.
    That's pretty much what my approach is gonna be, just wasn't able to convey that simply. On my first cut I did too much, def gonna go gradual & take it a little easy if I can.

15. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

All of you guys who do cheat days, have you ever freaked out all day eating then had a lot to drink that night? Do you still get crazy munchies even with a massive caloric overload?