1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. the shah

the shah Senior member

"way past that level" ...........

2. jarude

jarude Senior member

I've been doing calisthenics for the past couple weeks and my recurrent shoulder issue is gradually going away. Really miss lifting though [​IMG]

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I still think DL & squat 3x a week is too much. Try it and see what happens. Maybe it will work for you.

4. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I've been doing this ketosis diet for the past couple of days and I just feel awful. Tired and nauseated. If this goes on another day then this isnt going to work.

5. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

I've been doing this ketosis diet for the past couple of days and I just feel awful. Tired and nauseated. If this goes on another day then this isnt going to work.

Just ease off of the dietary restrictions a bit. Stay away from junk carbs, but 40 grams of carbs in the form of green veggies won't fuck you over and it'll make it easier to bear. Also, make eggs a daily staple if you don't already. They make ketognic diets much more bearable. You may want to consider ECA for the tiredness if you aren't against it 100%. If you're having pure protein meals (tuna, lean skinless chicken breast, etc) then you may want to consider doing things that mixing cottage cheese, mayo, olive oil, or cheese in with them. I use cheese sparingly, but it make meals sit better in my stomach.

6. jarude

jarude Senior member

Takes ~week to get used to it, soldier on!

7. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

Gym brought out a bunch of strong man equipment today for people who want to workout outside. Had some huge portable squat rack that you lift up on your back and walk around with......
    A yolk? Badass. Give it a whirl and see what you can do. One of the guys at my job has his own personal yolk since he actually competes in Strongman. I don't think he's won anything, but I'm not gonna bring that up in front of him because he'd kick my ass.

and power sleds and that shit.
    Dude, the Prowler weight sled is one of the craziest workouts ever. Pull it, push it, whatever.... you'll feel torched after a couple runs with that. Great for rugby training.

8. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

Does anyone currently (or ever) do a two day/week split? With my work / relationship life the way it is I'm dead ass tired when I get off at night and don't get enough sleep as it is to wake up early and hit the gym. My energy levels are just shit and I'm thinking of cutting it down to twice a week for recovery reasons. Thoughts?

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

I know IA was all about 2 day programs and claimed that most guys who did well on a 3 day program would do better on a 2 day program. Give it a go, you don't have anything to lose if you have no energy.

10. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

You might try taking a week or so off as well.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I'm tempted to ask you guys about helping me plan out a new workout routine but I'm afraid it'll get lost in the sea of Fuji's posts asking whether he should squat with his cock hanging to the right or the left.

12. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

I'm tempted to ask you guys about helping me plan out a new workout routine but I'm afraid it'll get lost in the sea of Fuji's posts asking whether he should squat with his cock hanging to the right or the left.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I LOL'd for a solid minute.

SQUATDEEP!!!!!! 5x5!!!!!

13. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I think it's time for a light wk of lifting. Last few workouts have sucked balls and I'm fatigued like you wouldn't believe.

This calls for GPP, cardio, bodyweight stuff and a lot of stretching - maybe do one session of bar/technique work in the weight room during the next wk or so.

I'm afraid it'll get lost in the sea of Fuji's posts asking whether he should squat with his cock hanging to the right or the left.

One should whip it out every time one squats. Helps with the balance, also allows one to gauge proper depth.

14. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Does anyone currently (or ever) do a two day/week split? With my work / relationship life the way it is I'm dead ass tired when I get off at night and don't get enough sleep as it is to wake up early and hit the gym. My energy levels are just shit and I'm thinking of cutting it down to twice a week for recovery reasons. Thoughts?

When do you lift?

15. Cool The Kid

What are you looking to do exactly

16. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

I know IA was all about 2 day programs and claimed that most guys who did well on a 3 day program would do better on a 2 day program. Give it a go, you don't have anything to lose if you have no energy.

Yeah I was going to do some searching over at IA to see what I could find on the subject, thanks.

You might try taking a week or so off as well.

I'm doing that right now, trying to figure out what to do next. It's been a while since I've had a week off.

When do you lift?

I can usually get myself to the gym twice a week, on Monday and Wednesday typically after work. This is all kind of short term, I hope to be moving with a new job in a couple of months.

17. fuji

fuji Senior member

I'm gonna add super sets and drop sets to my workouts, reduce rest time and maybe do some more isolation work. I'm gonna keep squats and deads at 3x5 with long breaks so I'm still doing some strength work, but I'm just bored of getting great strength gains with not much visible increase in size.

18. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

I'm running a 5k this weekend so will be making my triumphant return to the gym this evening to ensure I am prepared [​IMG]

For the past 3 months all I've done are pullups (a lot), pushups, and a very small amount of outdoor running.

19. Cool The Kid

Chinup contest at my job tomorrow [​IMG] I haven't done a chinup w/o weight in a long time though so I might not do what I think. But it should be entertaining nonetheless

20. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

I think the best chinup challenge we ever did was do ascending pyramids. Everyone does one, then two... that way, you get slow eliminations and its much more entertaining.