1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I got Nike Air Waves at a local Nike outlet. $25! But go one size above TTS

2. afc345

afc345 Senior member

Some ski jumpers from the Norwegian National Team lift at the same gym as me, whereas on saturday, I saw this super skinny guy at probably 125 lbs squat 265 lbs with some amazing explosivity in the top half of the lift. Blows my mind how they can be so strong.

3. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Getting your girlfriend to massage your legs is infinitely better than foam rolling.

4. Rikkar501

Rikkar501 Senior member

Taking a weeklong break from boxing and lifting to rest a shoulder that's getting out of whack. When I come back I'll be doing that before both activities. Now I just need to find some shit for my hips.
    Another member gave me this link for some hip mobility exercises; about half way down the page. Good stuff. http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask..._08-10-03.html

5. stever

stever Senior member

I do this before all pressing sessions and it's made a huge difference in my shoulder health

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

tried this today, thank you so much. did a much better job of getting my shoulders loose than doing roughly the same exercises with a dumbbell

6. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Went "all out" on a cheat day yesterday. Only got to about 6,400 cal. I don't know how dudes get to 10k. [​IMG] eating that much is actually harder than fasting. Looking forward to not eating today.

7. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Went "all out" on a cheat day yesterday. Only got to about 6,400 cal. I don't know how dudes get to 10k. [​IMG] eating that much is actually harder than fasting. Looking forward to not eating today.

oh most definitely harder than fasting. I'm glad you actually realize how hard 10k+ is. [​IMG]

8. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Had to bail out from under 260 while squatting today, I fail.

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

I need to learn to power clean properly. My front squats gonna overtake my power clean soon and then I'm going to have to change to a cross grip, which is shit. Anyone got any tips? I can do 135lb alright, but I don't know how good my form is.

10. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

My front squats gonna overtake my power clean soon and then I'm going to have to change to a cross grip, which is shit.

Do you PC the bar up for your front squats or what, can't see that you'd have to change your grip if you have a squat or power rack at your disposal. Rippetoes instructions worked pretty good for me when I was learnign the movement.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah I power clean the bar. Yeah I suppose I could just use the squat rack, but part of the fun is power cleaning it up. Also I find getting the bar onto your shoulders is kind of difficult with a squat rack, its not like a back squat where you can just go under it.

12. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Yeah I power clean the bar. Yeah I suppose I could just use the squat rack, but part of the fun is power cleaning it up. Also I find getting the bar onto your shoulders is kind of difficult with a squat rack, its not like a back squat where you can just go under it.

The advice given by Pennglock ITT is pretty good if you're looking to up your PC to somewhere above 50% of your DL max. After having gotten used to the front rack position, I find that taking the bar out of the rack for front squats is pretty easy - although you might have to set it up a bit higher than you normally would for back squats.

Anyways, back to pc part - what I found most helpful was just focus on the second pull, start slow off the ground (don't jerk the bar) and when the bar hits mid-thigh, then jump and extend the hips.

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

Yeah thats pretty much what im doing, I think my forms pretty good on it. I start really low, pull it off the ground a little bit and then jump. I don't jerk the bar at all. Ill probably just video record myself doing it. I think I'm gonna start doing it as its own exercise instead of just the start of my front squat. What muscles does it work, I don't really feel it anywhere in my body when I power clean.

14. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

I'm 13.5 hours into my first 16 hour fast. I'm so hungry and fell like I can throw up at any second. [​IMG]

15. gort

gort Senior member

What time did your fast start and what hours did you sleep? I find only the last hour or two of the 16 hour fast really causes any sort of discomfort, unless I wake up earlier than usual.

16. gort

gort Senior member

oh most definitely harder than fasting. I'm glad you actually realize how hard 10k+ is. [​IMG]

How many calories are there in an entire pizza from somewhere like dominos?

17. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

I cut my meals down to 4 from 6. I have to say that my energy level has definitely increased.

18. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

Word. I'm going to try to hit a true 10K day one of these days. I basically need to eat from sun up till sun down.

19. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

What time did your fast start and what hours did you sleep? I find only the last hour or two of the 16 hour fast really causes any sort of discomfort, unless I wake up earlier than usual.
    Fast started at midnight last night, went to sleep at 1 am, and woke up at 10am. Tonight the fast will start at 10pm. So far though, it has been pretty easy not eating for 16 hours, even though there were hunger pangs, they went away after about 25 minutes. Almost one hour to go....

20. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

How many calories are there in an entire pizza from somewhere like dominos?

Try their website.