1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MacJack

MacJack Active Member

I am kind of fitness nerd 'cause for the whole my life I was fat :( I was dreaming about losing weight and gaining some muscles. I became interested in bodybuilding. I started to take nandrolone pills (pls don't judge me). It was a really hard period in my life but in 3 months I achieved desirable results.

2. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

before and after photos?

I'd be interested to see how an oral only cycle turned out

3. MacJack

MacJack Active Member

4. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Is this a troll or real?

5. MacJack

MacJack Active Member

WTF... are you talking about me?

6. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Why was it a hard period in your life? What is your training history like?

7. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I think it was the link that made it look like spam.

1 person likes this.
  8. Nafets47

Nafets47 Senior member

Totally understand. I have been at a solid 180 for the past 5-6 years and have not been able to break the 175 mark in my adult life and after intermittent fasting (losing dinner) and going low carb I dropped to 174 in 1.5 weeks and still going steady. Goal is 170lbs and 10% BF getting close.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Anyone got a good stretching routine? I've got my warmup routine fine, but I want to start stretching around on the house. Don't really want to think about this, just a few movements I can burn through for 15mins 2-3x a day... would be cool to do the splits. at my strongest I was really close because I practiced after lifting.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  10. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

DeFrancos Limber 11 is decent. Don't remember what it consists of, only that I used to do it daily. Maybe add somthing for shoulders for maintaining overhead rom and correct scapula function.

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Limber 11?! I remember when it was 8, collusion!

I saw a PT few months ago and he gave me a bunch of scap stuff to do. I decided to just to them like crazy and before in lifted ran through 10 minutes if scap stuff 4x a week. Crazy how much that has helped.

12. MacJack

MacJack Active Member

yes it was hard, my gf left me and i started to gain weight. only my friend Danny supported me ( i am very grateful for it). I went to gym and talked with the trainer, he made a plan of training + low carb diet

13. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

I believe @conceptionist may be willing to out you on a real good training and nutrition plan.

14. Eason

Eason Senior member

15. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Finally figured out how to rack a damned clean without crashing the bar into my collarbone.

16. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

If one of them wants to be my motivational coach, then that'd be rad... Med school sucks the life out of you. I have no idea how benny did it and stayed in decent shape. I've lost so much strength it's embarrassing.

17. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I made sangria for myself. I made it pretty lightweight so no brandy, I just added some fruit juice and cut up some fruit for it.

Anyway, over the past week I found that my alcohol intake took a nose dive because of it. I went to bed earlier and woke up feeling refreshed. The juice diluted the wine, and I just end up drinking the same volume of beverage, but less alcohol.

Probably not the best way to go about cutting your alcohol intake because I guess the trade off is that I consumed more sugar this week. Still, it worked well.

18. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Hmm, I must be making my sangria the wrong way.

Speaking of alcohol, I've read something about it makes you more likely to store the fat you're eating -- but would that matter if your total calorie count was below how much you burn in a day? (Ie, would it effect your rate of fat loss?).

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  19. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

The body will use alcohol for energy before going back go using the other macronutrients for energy. That means that drinking will temporarily stop the usage of the fat you eat and it will only get stored but not used up until the alcohol has first been used for energy. So eating fatty foods late night after drinking might hinder your fat loss progress.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  20. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

So it's been a little bit since my lipid metabolism block, but here's how I see it working: ethanol and fatty acids are both only metabolized in the liver. Ethanol is seen as a toxin to the body, so it is preferentially metabolized before anything else (doesn't make sense to metabolize fat while you've got poison flowing through your veins). So the alcohol is getting metabolized, and while this is happening, you have the fatty acids digested and then absorbed into your blood stream. Your muscle and adipose cells are going to take these fats out of the blood stream to use for future energy purposes.

To make sense of this long-winded response, if you are accounting for your calories including your calories from your beverages and you're still at a net negative intake vs. your TDEE, you should still lose weight. But most people are bad at tracking calories especially while drinking (and when inhibitions are lowered), so the difference between what's tracked and what's consumed probably grows while someone drinks. And that leads to people saying they need to cut alcohol out of their diet while they want to cut weight.

I know for me, when I drink I get hungry and my diet goals become lower priority, so on top of the calories from the cocktails I also end up with higher food calories (and generally poorer quality too), so it's a double whammy. And then the hangover eating the next morning sets me back even further.