1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. accordion

accordion Senior member

The Costco ones are wide in the shoulder/arms and a good length, but made with heavyweight cotton and sturdy. I switch between that for colder weather and Sifr Beanstalks for the summer, which are thin, with shorter sleeves, nice taper but narrower shoulders and longer than usual. Both are well-made, I've about 10+ combined, washed 30-40 times and none have changed shape. I like them better than Uniqlo and AA 50/50s.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I wear Mossimo t-shirts from Target. They're moderately slim fitting and work well for me, but I have a more slender build.

3. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

cotton on tees still work for me.

4. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Lately I've been wearing women's tunic-tee type things and modifying the sleeves by cutting slits in them.

e.g. this type of thing

[​IMG]

Generally fits like a long-ish t-shirt on me. It's weird around the chest/shoulders at first because it's tight through the arms and doesn't hang loosely like it does on the model, but if you can cut into the sleeves a little it sits nice and loose.

Benefit is that women tend to have much nicer designs at the mall to mid-range level.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  5. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I can't get into the long tee thing. I actually want shorter tees. No Kid Cudi midriff bullshit but definitely a little shorter than normal.

2 people like this.
  6. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

For those of you with larger quads and who still buy expensive jawns:

I can recommend Ann Demeulemeester trousers if you haven't already. Look for the cuts with the elongated rise (sometimes called drop crotch in product descriptions although it is not slouchy in a diaper-way like they usually are) and some volume in the thighs that tapers to the hem. They seem to be one of the brands signature cuts that are used in many styles. I have two different pairs now and they are the most flattering cut I've had.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, its hard not to get the sausage stuffed in casing look when ya got some hips..

8. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Leaning out has helped me with pants. Uniqlo chinos fit great

9. conceptionist

Yup, helped me too. Seem to store most fat there. Size on legs goes first when I start to lose weight.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

11. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

Anyone have recommendation for gloves for lifting? The biggest problem for me when I am working out at the gym is that I have really sweaty palms and it happens really quick into my workouts. I have a towel on hand but I am constantly wiping down my hands on them and it is quite annoying. I am looking for gloves that will help with grip and be a bit breathable so that the moisture isn't getting built up inside the gloves.

Anyone have any recommendations or advice? Any is greatly appreciated!

12. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

[​IMG]

These are very good.

13. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

If you have sweaty palms use lifting chalk.

I've never had a glove that didn't make things worse and/or made it more difficult to grip the weight.

1 person likes this.
  14. conceptionist

And in case you are not allowed to use regular block chalk at your gym, use liquid chalk.
    That will dry your hands for sure.

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

now that fall is coming i cycled off creatine for a while so i can fit into my f/w sweaters and outerwear better.

16. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

Guys, weird question. I feel like I'm stuck. Since a few months I didn't make any strength progress, didn't gain any size but also didn't lose any muscle or strenght. But I'm losing my motivation and I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I can't really figure out how to overcome this situation on my own so I consider getting some kind of coaching for a while. As I've said before, the gym is all health&lifestyle bullshit, we don't have any bulky, shredded manbeasts to idolize.
    How should I proceed? I know that having an actual coach in the gym would be best but I don't see how to find one. How valuable would be some form of online coaching (check plausibility of workout plan, overlook diet, check form on video, etc.)

I'm kinda pissed because I feel like I invest way too much time for just staying the same.

17. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

You don't need a coach to tell you to eat more. Increase your daily calorie intake by 500-700 calories, and then come back in a month.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  18. conceptionist

But maybe a coach will help him with programming? You can't rely solely on food for strength and size gains, especially not quality size gains. Programming and in general paying attention to the actual training is more important than many people believe. Coaching and joining a club was the best lifting decisions I have made and got me great results I would not have been able to get by myself. Just make sure you get a good coach that has a track record of helping clients achieve the same goals as yours.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  19. DreSm

DreSm New Member

Mix up your exercises. The more you mix it up from time to time, the more you'll be activating different muscles, which will give you that little extra edge. For example, instead of just doing bent-over barbell rows every workout, go and do one-hand dumbell rows, t-bar rows, or seated cable rows instead. When you go back to barbell rows you'll notice a difference. Try it out.

20. conceptionist

Btw, my injuries (or overuse problems) have almost fully gone away. Have trained quite a lot and seriously for the last month. Contacted my coach again to start a new program but without the individual coaching this time. I have no intentions to compete atm, but might be open to it in the future. Doing bench only could work if the low back and knee problems never fully go away. Current goal is 3 plate bench with 280 lbs before Xmas while staying below 200 BW.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    1 person likes this.