1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

yeah antibiotics is interesting too.

2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Just looked at my weight log... down 2lbs since Monday and 8lbs in the last month lol. Hopefully only 10lbs to go... already burnt through most of my love handles and getting tricep/delt separation. This is fun

1 person likes this.
  3. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I'm down some weight too, but I haven't been lifting too much. Need to do a pretty big motivation reboot. I think cycling will help since I'll have more time for it once finish my first year of med school in 5 hours...

I also got put on ADD meds a few months ago. So that's contributed a bit to the weight loss/appetite suppression as well. I just force myself to eat and lift if I'm on it. I used to work out primarily at night, but that hasn't worked all that much lately. So it goes. Schedule's changing again in a couple of days anyway so I'll need to reboot it anyway!

Thanks for all the travel tips earlier. GF and I are heading to costa rica. All tickets and lodging came to like 1100 for a week long trip. Pretty psyched!

4. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

I'm most interested in the role the gut microbiome plays in post-prandial GI and systemic oxidative stress and inflammation as well as its possible influence on dietary choices

Now back to bro-talk: 2.5 hour shoulders and arms fluff day today. God, I love fluff days. So easy.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  5. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Sometimes just getting the pump is so good

1 person likes this.
  6. accordion

accordion Senior member

oops wrong thread

7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I went full bro like a year ago. Best decision ever for me. Why fight it?

8. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

I like lifting heavy things

9. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

Three weeks done with PSMF. All lifts still at the same level but 4kg down in weight and clearly way more definition, mainly in the shoulder/arm and abs area. One week to go, a total of 2kg more to lose probably. But my real deadline is in August so super easy after the PSMF.

After sticking super strictly and just adding 500g of carbs on my last two refeed Saturdays we went a bit more lenient today and went to the Street Food Festival in Basel. Had a mini Seitan burger with grilled vegetables and yogurt dip, some vegan Kottu Roti (Sri Lanka), a wheat tortilla filled with grilled aubergine and blended tomatoes, a small quesadilla (Mexico), half of a small vegetarian Tarte flambée (Alsace, France), irio with pilau and chapati (Kenya) and the smallest bag of churros they had while declining the chocolate sauce. Going to go a bit more conservative for dinner with some lamb filet and sweet potato, had egg whites for breakfast.

7 days to go.

10. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

Nice. Are there typically many vegan options available in Germany?

11. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Basel is in Switzerland

12. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

Shit, I only read his location and saw Germany

13. msg

msg Senior member

That American geography in action

14. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

The rest of the world is just "Not the USA" k

15. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

anyone know if creatine is heat stable i.e. can I put it in my cup of tea or coffee?

16. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

In solution at neutral PH and 37C creatine degradation to creatinine was measured to be around 1% over 24 hours IIRC. Rate increases with increased temp and decreased ph

17. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I can't answer that question, but if you have not used it before and want to know the best way to consume it, creatine does not dissolve, so it will stink to the bottom of any beverage you put it in very quickly. In hindsight I wish I bought it in pill form.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  18. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Nah I've used it for years. It does dissolve.

Do the same thing to salt or sugar and see that they don't immediately dissolve.

Need to use the handy dandy laboratory magnet stirrers.

19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

To answer your question yes there are plenty especially at food markets.

20. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

As he said. I live close to Basel and there are also some dedicated vegetarian and vegan restaurants. It's not really that "everything is schnitzel" lifestyle that many Germans show abroad.

1 person likes this.