• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was with private health care too. Going through the NHS I doubt they would have even given me the drugs or it would have taken a year. Before they even give you something like dextramphetamine, which is instead release vyvanse they have to try out a bunch of other different drugs like concerta and IR ritalin, but because I've previously used those they let me use amphetamines.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys like NYC? I am sick of it here and we have another office there. Thinking of moving in Sep, wouldn't necessarily even have to change jobs.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Joined a climbing gym today. Gonna become a self-righteous asshole now.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you guys like NYC? I am sick of it here and we have another office there. Thinking of moving in Sep, wouldn't necessarily even have to change jobs.

@GraphicNovelty can answer this better, but while I really enjoy visiting, I'm not sure I'd want to live there for more than a year. It would be fun if I earned like 2-3x what I make currently.

tesseract

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@GraphicNovelty
can answer this better, but while I really enjoy visiting, I'm not sure I'd want to live there for more than a year. It would be fun if I earned like 2-3x what I make currently.

Yeah I'm on Long Island and while it's fun to go in for a weekend I would go crazy living there.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** nyc, I've lived here my entire life after moving from USSR, can't wait to gtfo

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worth noting that the city I'm living in now is nearly as expensive, and that I'm really extroverted. Thx guys. Thinking I might go for it since it's a risk-free change and I won't have to deal with the job thing.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Worth noting that the city I'm living in now is nearly as expensive, and that I'm really extroverted. Thx guys. Thinking I might go for it since it's a risk-free change and I won't have to deal with the job thing.

Being extroverted is good, but if you don't already know people in the city it can be pretty damn hard to make friends since people are often closed off as fak. Then again, you're older than novelty and I are and if there's no job risk and you're interested in it then why the heck not. You'll know the answer once and for all.

I feel like the city attracts a lot of social climbers and people are fake as **** and tend to always be looking for the next best thing. They take the FOMO to a whole 'nother level. It's asinine.

I do have to say that I like boston a lot.

Last edited:

tesseract

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Worth noting that the city I'm living in now is nearly as expensive, and that I'm really extroverted. Thx guys.  Thinking I might go for it since it's a risk-free change and I won't have to deal with the job thing.

Whatever then let's just take over the gaansevort hotel pool parties in the summer.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cities are dumps. I enjoy living in a quiet town with nice parks and stores. Then visiting cities few times a year and acting like a fool.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cities are dumps. I enjoy living in a quiet town with nice parks and stores. Then visiting cities few times a year and acting like a fool.

I dunno man. I can get to awesome campsites and parks within an hour or two, same for skiing in the winter (not that I ski), and awesome beaches within an hour drive.

I think this location is pretty perfect and I hate suburbia so...

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Raleigh is not NYC, but it isn't really a quiet town either.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sick of NYC and want to move to LA. I plan to do so this fall.

It's fun though if you make good money and are extroverted so you can find good **** going on but it really just wears on you after a while.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh my god I would go crazy. I really need some sort of large gathering at least once or twice a week or I start to get depressed. When I was living in the suburbs for a bit I was miserable :/

Boston is a nice city, but the huge student population really homogenizes the culture so it gets boring real quick. I'd love to move to CA but I'm not in a position where I want to ditch this job right now (likely 2015 promotion)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics