• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fuark 13mm, not gonna get anything out of that for like a month. Will be so stiff you won't be able to get it tight and you'll just basically be wearing a decorative weight vest.

Haha, ima wear that **** round the house. I've gone this long without a belt, I can deal with some break in time

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in between sets or when your at home watching TV or something roll it into a really tight ball a couple times. Helps break it in. Inzer will ship it in this hilariously massive box because they can't really bend it so it's basically just 1 loop. Took me a while to even get it to buckle the first time.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in between sets or when your at home watching TV or something roll it into a really tight ball a couple times. Helps break it in. Inzer will ship it in this hilariously massive box because they can't really bend it so it's basically just 1 loop. Took me a while to even get it to buckle the first time.

Oh man, and I had it shipped to the office :|

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just had some deep tissue release. pretty sure it would have hurt less if my rmt just started beating me with a hammer.

cautiously optimistic about the work done on the elbow. immediately post-massage, full ROM felt great. inflammation kicked in due to the aforementioned deep tissue torture, but when it settles down i think i will be ahead of where i was.

also: http://www.zygotebody.com/

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Christ, the volume day of Texas Method is murderous. 5x5 squats then 5x5 bench then 5 reps deadlift @ 85% 1rm sweet Jesus I'm sore today. Luckily the "light" and the "heavy" workouts are much less workload.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Christ, the volume day of Texas Method is murderous. 5x5 squats then 5x5 bench then 5 reps deadlift @ 85% 1rm sweet Jesus I'm sore today. Luckily the "light" and the "heavy" workouts are much less workload.

That's errday on Stronglifts.

Dat feel of reppin' 300+lbs squatz. (*mentally, "Hit 6... ok, another... ok, another!... ok, another... and another!...ok, do it again biatch!)

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Stronglifts drops to 3x5 and 1x5 once you stop progressing, though.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stronglifts drops to 3x5 and 1x5 once you stop progressing, though.

Oh - I'd never reached that point on the IOS app, I suppose.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I dunno about an app, but when you can't add weight every other session at least, drop the sets.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Then try ICF 5x5. Pretty ridic with the same reps and sets for squats, bench and deadlifts + barbell rows, tricep extensions, curls and abs every other workout.

Volume an freq on my current program is even higher but at least the weights are way lower to focus on technique.

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
lol I was on ICF before I switched to TM. My squats had been stalled for about a month so I decided to switch to periodization.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol I was on ICF before I switched to TM. My squats had been stalled for about a month so I decided to switch to periodization.
Alright.
I made very good gains on it but after a while my form was getting sloppier, I was sleeping like 9-10 hours a night and I had to foam roll like crazy. Its not the best program for powerlifting either. Keeping rest and sets the same every time and just increasing the weights is also very taxing. Periodization is better long term after you're beyond your noob gains.

I used to not understand programs like Sheiko and other frequency and volume based programs that rely on supercompensation where the weights are mostly in the 60-80% range, only occasionally up tp 85-90% of 1RM for 3 reps or so. Like what was the reason to use lighter weights when you could put on another 30 pounds and still hit the same reps and sets? Doing a similar program now I see the benefits of it. Not having to psyche yourself up to heavy lifts all the time, not having to rest 5 minuted between sets, and actually contracting and pushing with the right muscles for a lift to address form breakdowns and weaknesses. I can crank up the weights a lot and turn the squat into a back-intensive movement, but that prob won't get me much long term. For instance, yesterday I did high bar pause squats for 5x6 with only 50% of 1RM but it was still challenging.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yah I dont get going to the gym and not lifting as close to your xRM as possible

I don't go to failure every set but I try and get damn close. I do go to failure on accessories though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads