1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

It may be a bit contrarion of me, but I don't find fats filling at all; they're so calorically dense that you can't really eat much in comparison with complex carbs.

Yeah that's true. GN's suggestion is also a good one. Do check out fake meats like Fry's too because you don't actually need to cook them, so reheating is not a major issue.

2. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I will say that if you're on a caloric deficit then theoretically saturated fats shouldn't be too much of a health concern (at least in relation to heart disease) as most of the risk factors drop when you're losing weight, no matter what you're eating.

1 person likes this.
  3. accordion

accordion Senior member

What would be the reason for stalling? My metabolism will adjust to it? 200 seems so little.

4. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Your metabolism will adjust, because of among other factors:

1) As you lose weight your maintenance calories goes down. A lighter person burns less calories. You will lose weight until whatever calories you are eating is no longer a deficit. So your deficit gradually becomes smaller, inevitably halting the rate of weight loss, unless you adjust calories down further.

2) Less calories in means (generally and roughly speaking) less calories out. Your NEAT decreases with lower calories, by for instance, less heat generation, less spontaneous movement and activity, presumably less calorie burning training, etc...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  5. accordion

accordion Senior member

500 x7 = 3500 is 1 lb per week though, seems really little compared to overall calorie demand. 200 deficit is less than half a lb.

Ended up getting a 3.5 lb pork butt, 4 lbs of boneless/skinless chicken, 3 lbs of cod, 2 lbs of shrimp. Baby spinach, spring mix. Sweet potatoes. Cottage cheese, guacamole. Liquid egg whites. Apples, oranges, blueberries. Celery/carrot sticks, baby carrots. Oatmeal, almond milk. Wild rice, quinoa.

Had the butcher cut the chicken breast into strips, gonna fry it with pam spray, season with turmeric/paprika/salt, and eat it with salad. Got a bottle of really nice balsamic vinegar. Gonna cook the rice and quinoa in bulk and reheat. Carrots/celery with guac/cottage cheese for snack. Oatmeal with milk and blueberries for breakfast.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  6. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Faster weight loss comes with the cost of more muscle and strength lost, and the other negatives that comes with cutting.
    I'd rather take it slow and easy since I used to train for strength, but I guess its ultimately preference or dependent on what goals you have.

7. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Yeah if you just want to lose 5-10lbs in a short time go for it, but otherwise listen to conception is on this one.

8. accordion

accordion Senior member

yea i just wanna stop looking skinnyfat when warm weather rolls around.

9. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Don't go more than 500, unless you're okay with losing a big chunk of what you worked for.

Make sure to keep lifting through the cut as well.

10. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

If you're just looking to drop a little fat then in all honesty I'd keep cals the same and just train more. Add some complexes, decrease rest time, play ball on your rest days. That kind of stuff.

1 person likes this.
  11. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Was being facetious.

1 person likes this.
  12. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Haha you got me then.

13. APK

APK Senior member

This used to be true, especially during the steroid boom of the 1980s, but it's less applicable now. Not naive enough to think the guys are all natty now, but there's a lot more athletic looking guys on the roster now compared to the days of Dino Bravo and Hulk Hogan:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unless you were talking about the average fan, in which case, yes, fat AF.

14. APK

APK Senior member

Also, it's tough to watch a video of your squats from a side view when you've got a large ass, barrel chest, and you've got that belly full of air.

15. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

All the fucking stimulants in the world and I'm still not able to focus worth a damn at the gym. Instant 5% performance loss. WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME, BRAIN?

@APK I don't follow WWE so I pretty much know of Chris Jericho and John Cena. Chris Jericho is fat. Cena is aesthetically unpleasant because of how big he is. Didn't know smaller dudes existed.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  16. accordion

accordion Senior member

Cena's actually ridiculous as he's 250lb lean, didn't know that's possible unless you're gronkowski or juicing.

17. llamaone

llamaone Senior member

You're kidding, right? Of course John Cena is on the juice. Gronkowski probably is, too.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  18. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I just returned from the good doctor. The days of 2% have ended. My metamorphosis into a a living breathing Patrick Nagel painting begins tonight!

[​IMG]

19. llamaone

llamaone Senior member

20. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Have you considered that the stimulants might be why you're unable to focus?