1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. concealed

concealed Senior member

standard

1 person likes this.
  2. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

3. knucks

knucks Senior member

4. accordion

accordion Senior member

my arms are fat, I think it's from SS, all triceps no biceps

5. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Not sure if serious.
    Your arms are fat because of your bodyfat.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I lold

7. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

WTF, has everyone stopped lifting cause it's getting into winter? I'm building my metabolism back up and have been cruising in the high 180s, getting my strength back bit by bit. Peru trip threw me for a loop but I'm getting back to normal.

8. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

I lifted 3 days ago and it near killed me. Any exertion at all and I'm coughing up a lung. Gonna try again tomorrow. Total weight loss during illness 17lbs, think mostly off my thighs.

Fuck you Flu!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  9. ridethecliche

I'm just struggling to get into a schedule and i hate the gym at my school. I guess i could sign up somewhere else, but this is free and i was hoping to climb or take boxing classes.

10. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

New baby, wife with post-partum depression, no sleep, lots of studying, internship = no schedule
    Working out has been mad sporadic for me for the last 2 months, also eating a ton of candy. eg/ 2 pound bag of twizzlers in ~2 days.

11. milosh

milosh Senior member

I've sort of figured out that serious lifting is not for me

12. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I can maybe fit in two sessions a week with work being what it is. I'll postpone higher frequency until I have a post-doc somewhere :lol:

13. conceptionist

Heh, I think this quite often.
    I'm not sure I would have started lifting as much as I do right now if I were to do it all over. Seems like a waste to quit or drastically reduce training now though, so I might as well just see how far I can get. Not really excited about weighting 230+ atm but that could change.

14. ridethecliche

I liked how I felt at like 175 pretty solid. I was starting to branch out a bit and want to do that. Cycling, climbing, maybe even boxing classes for variety and cardio. I prefer working out outdoors, but really enjoy how I feel and look when I lift. Hoping to settle around 170-175 solid and don't want to end up fluctuating weight too much. It's nuts. Everything is so close to me right now but my schedule is fucked because I have no idea how to study anymore.

15. milosh

milosh Senior member

Yeah I can imagine as I think we're built similarly(height etc) and our numbers were similar a while ago. You're obviously bigger than me now and you've been training harder.

I'm getting kind of sick of being tired all the time, small injuries etc. I enjoy the sport but by doing it seriously it starts getting in the way of other stuff i'd like to be doing.

16. milosh

milosh Senior member

I've started running a bit in addition to a few sessions of lifting per week. I've also dramatically cut down on the olympic lift volume since I've left the club I was training at.

17. conceptionist

Kind of how I feel at times.
    The smaller injuries and aches are def bothersome. I used to have other hobbies (skateboarding, DJing, music production, gaming) but lifting takes up almost all the time from those now. Its a shame, but at the same time I sort of lost interest in all of them when I realized how much time I had to spend at either to get better. I tend to go into a hobby, do it all out, and eventually sort of quit to find something else. I know I might just quit lifting one day and I'm ok with that. For the moment I think its worth doing until its no longer fun.

1 person likes this.
  18. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

@milosh maybe you should try some group classes, that might "cheer you up" into the fitness routine again... I discovered them a year ago and my change -mentally and physically- has been for the better... I have improved my overall conditioning and I am doing more cardio than I ever had and still growing (which is crazy).

Taking vacations from lifting is also a healthy habit I believe. I still get amazed at how many people go on vacations and go to the hotel gyms and such... I think is crazy... but to each their own. I always stop lifting for Christmas and summer, and during my city's spring festivities. I think that does a mind and body, good.

19. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

It is kind of funny how so many folks here got slammed with life like at the exact same time. I get it.

I'm not going super hard right now. Waist is almost 30" and I'm lean enough. Strength is coming back, maintenance is back up to where it should be for a healthy adult male. Hoping this bulk/cut cycle will be my last for a while. I'm definitely getting more and more interested in cycling and other outdoor sports. The closer I get to Speedo condition the more my interest shifts to other things. Hoping I can get to the point where I can just cruise indefinitely with minimal maintenance.

Gonna start with the kids next fall so 2016 might be my last hurrah as well :( I dont want a dad bod

20. accordion

accordion Senior member

showed friend deadlifting video, he said

Quote: [​IMG]