1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. concealed

concealed Well-Known Member

#willpower

2. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Yeah but that requires effort

3. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Well-Known Member

Not that many surprisingly. Stan Efferding and Flex Wheeler stopped by once a couple years ago (before I joined). Brandon Lilly's been there a few times. Marte Elverum of IPF fame dropped in for a couple days. Kim Walford was the head judge at the USAPL meet we had a couple months ago.

I'm actually in Vegas for work. I stopped by Broz's gym so I could get some squats in, but they have plenty of other equipment in there to get strong and jacked.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

I might try doing those, but worry about my back. Might do them in the end after other exercises so I'm forced to go light. Thanks!

5. Khayembii Communique

6. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

I'm lucky that my girlfriend is way more into healthy eating and fitness than I am. Now off to squat for two hours cuz said girlfriend is back at school and Friday nights are date nights with barbells again.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  7. Khayembii Communique

My roommates submitted their applications last night. I talked to the manager this morning who said he received everything, and that he'll work the process, and that he wanted to close it by end of day today. I didn't hear back from him the rest of the day. Left a voicemail at like 7pm.

Now I'm freaking out that this apartment is rented, or that they won't consider us because we don't have guarantors worked out just yet. And that the second apartment we looked at is rented, and that I'll have to figure out where the hell to put all my shit when I move into an Airbnb for a month.

Fuck. This shit is a nightmare.

8. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

Been doing light weight squats and deads. Been on that low intensity high volume training. Shit, I sweat like a pig every session.

9. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

My son was born at noon today, I'll just be doing curls with 9lbs for a while now.

12 people like this.
  10. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

Bet he's pretty DYEL right now, hope your wife gets him on GOMAD asap.

Jokes aside, congrats!

1 person likes this.
  11. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Congrats!

12. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

13. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

Congrats man. Name?

14. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  15. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Well-Known Member

Congratulations OV!!

16. OccultaVexillum

Thanks bros! Name is Asher, he's our 2nd. Isaiah is our first and is 4 in 2 weeks. That kid will not make eye contact with the baby hahah he's just been ignoring the shit out of him.

2 people like this.
  17. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

Congrats OV. We are looking to make that happen next year. How much did your babies destroy your sleep?

18. OccultaVexillum

First time not so much, but I was/am a stay at home dad/student. So I just slept when he did. I start work in Janurary this time around though but I'm expecting everything will settle down after the first month or so but who really knows. I'm still at the hospital now so it might change once we get home. Isaiah slept through the night after he was about 6 weeks old but I don't think that's "normal". The only shitty thing back then was all of the gyms required baby's to be 6+ months to go to daycare so training was an effort. Home gym this time around though!

19. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

2 months into residency. Still got muscle but no net positive gains. Just struggle to maintain

20. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

how awful is my deadlift form and how do I fix it? I'm PRing here so not the best rep. I don't spazz out in the beginning on work sets, but I can never keep my hips down, and I know I'm supposed to look at the ground and raise my head with my body.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015