1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

Any rhet engineering brahs want to help me estimate fuel consumption in an airplane? Specifically an A320 over about 1100km.

2. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

Random googling results in 6,850 pounds. This all assumes consumption in cruise.

Use the below (stolen from Google), average cruise speed of 591mph. 1,100km is equal to 683 miles. Approximate 1.15 hour flight.

Well, first you need the SFCs (lbs fuel/hr/lbs thrust) of both A320 engines in cruise (finding SFC figures for takeoff/climb is a bit tricky, so you'll have to satisfy yourself with just cruise for now)...

CFM56-5A1: 0.596
    IAE V2500A1: 0.581

...then, take the typical cruise thrust...

CFM: 5000 lbs
    IAE: 5070 lbs

...and finally, multiply the SFCs for each engine by their typical cruise thrust to get raw ruel consumption...

CFM: 0.596 X 5000 = 2980 lbs fuel per hour
    IAE: 0.581 X 5070 = 2945.67 lbs fuel per hour

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Quite close to what i got using the breguet equating yay. Not sure how accurate the equations you posted is because it doesn't take into account mass at any time.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  4. no frills

no frills Senior member

Just checked. 16 1/8" - probably 16" cold (first thing in the morning).

But more importantly, calves measure the same:

[​IMG]

As for "aesthetic overlordism," I've got to call in @tricky here, who is in phenomenal shape.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  5. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

hnnnngh, baby smooth too

no homo

Are you juicing?

6. no frills

no frills Senior member

Hahaha, no shaving, just Asian hairless genes! Technically I've got a few wisps of hair tho...

No juicing - although I did do a two four week cycles of prohormones over about six months in 2003 back when they were legal. Went up to 211 from 185, crazy strong. Arms up to 17 7/8" cold, but added lots of fat too. Should have just done proper 'roids but wanted to go the legal route - prohormones required post-cycle therapy anyway. Once I went off I gradually deflated to 195 but kept that weight till around 2011, when health indicators like blood pressure started acting up. Lost 25 pounds over about a year and have been hovering at 168-172 since then.

7. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Welcome to the club. I'm still managing to stay pretty aesthetic not being able to do fuck all for BB movements.

8. jarude

jarude Senior member

Cool. Last I saw you had rotator cuff funny business going on? How's that working out / how did you ease yourself into lifting again?

9. GraphicNovelty

Slap tear. Not getting better w/o surgery but doesn't hurt if I don't aggravate it (the main movement that fucks it up are pushing or pulling upwards, which destroys my ability to do squats/deads/bench) . I also tore my ACL and got the surgery last december and i'm working my way back from that.

All upper body movements are bodyweight or with 35 lbs dumbells. Do lots of pushups/Curls/DB press/pull-ups.

Lower body I squat and do one legged squats in the smith machine (using one arm to rack/unrack), leg press and the glute hamstring push. And I'm getting back into running (did 5k last week :))

I've stopped giving a ton of shit about fitness and now i just cook a lot.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  10. Eason

Eason Senior member

My body is adjusting. Looking pretty aesthetic lifting 3x and doing MMA 3x. Caber and raloxifine are helping with the fat on my chest, too. Definitely worth it over surgery and time off from the gym.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

damn no frills given me body issues.

1 person likes this.
  12. Eason

Eason Senior member

I've… seen things... you people wouldn't believe. Squats with so little ROM you they can't be detected by the human eye; I watched someone do band assisted dips for nearly 2 hours in the squat rack by the window... All those… moments… will be lost, in time, like... tears… in… my quads. Time… to quit my gym.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    6 people like this.
  13. Eason

Eason Senior member

P.s.[​IMG]
    Am i looking solid and tighter?

1 person likes this.
  14. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Forever tainted by your pec shape/attachments

I know that feel

2 people like this.
  15. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Nice tits :D

Hit my (revised) target of over 400lb deadlift before my 44th birthday 9 days early! Don't think I'm gonna make the 1000lb total tho :(

16. Eason

Eason Senior member

Even Raloxifene can't help. I cry.

17. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

A bit leaner if I remember your last pic correctly.
    Look pretty much like my current physique. What bf % would you estimate you are?

18. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I saw myself in the mirror back home after 2 months of traveling.

I.
    Look.
    Like.
    Shit.

Though @Eason will rightly say that there wasn't much to lose. So much for starting med school looking decent...

Is that with or without rent? That's 5 months dude... Even if you spend like 10k on rent, you're going to have 7k over 5 months which is not terrible for a student. Have you considered learning to live like one?

I'm psyched that @no frills is posting here.
    Grow hair on your chest so people can't see your tits.

19. Eason

Eason Senior member

13% maybe

20. GraphicNovelty

Back up to 170 :/. Still have visible abs but looking a bit softer. Summer's halfway over so i'm not gonna bother cutting. I guess i'll just focus on getting my leg strength/running endurance back up. I also keep saying I"m gonna start doing yoga again but I never seem to get around to it.