Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Ditto x 1,000 on the workout being the highlight of the day.

I even spend time at work looking at technique videos for the compound lift I'm gonna be doing that day, then watch a couple more of dudes lifting wayyyy more than I ever could for inspiration.

[​IMG]

At this point, lifting is basically the only hobby I thoroughly enjoy. Other activities sorta come and go, but hitting the iron has always been fun for me.

2. APK

APK Senior member

I'm not sure how I ever ate regular peanut butter. I've been buying natural for many years, but accidentally grabbed a jar of the regular stuff at the store today. I didn't realize my mistake until after I opened it and saw the consistency of the stuff. I tasted it and promptly tossed the jar in the trash. Just awful.

Also, I think I've deadlifted and squatted my way out of my current jean size in most straight/slim cuts. I wore my favorite pair of jeans for the first time in a couple of weeks to the store and the upper thighs felt like shrink wrap.

3. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

YOU ARE A FOOL AND A LIAR. Normal people peanut butter is delicious and natural peanut butter is gross and YOU ARE A LIAR.

4. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

The only version of peanut butter that I like is the honey version.

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I'm not sure how I ever ate regular peanut butter. I've been buying natural for many years, but accidentally grabbed a jar of the regular stuff at the store today. I didn't realize my mistake until after I opened it and saw the consistency of the stuff. I tasted it and promptly tossed the jar in the trash. Just awful.

Also, I think I've deadlifted and squatted my way out of my current jean size in most straight/slim cuts. I wore my favorite pair of jeans for the first time in a couple of weeks to the store and the upper thighs felt like shrink wrap.

fresh ground pb is the best

6. APK

APK Senior member

YOU ARE A FOOL AND A LIAR. Normal people peanut butter is delicious and natural peanut butter is gross and YOU ARE A LIAR.

I used to think so when I first started eating the natural stuff, but this regular PB tasted so dry and waxy by comparison.

7. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

I wasted my 666th post being a petulant bitch about peanut butter. The least you could do is engage in pointless bickering.

I'm getting used to it and sometimes eat it by the spoonful as a late night snack. I don't think I could purposefully buy regular Jif type peanut butter now simply because I know how unhealthy it is.

8. APK

APK Senior member

Sorry to drop the ball there, man.

It took a while for me to adjust and initially, I only made the switch for the health reasons. But the natural iteration tastes so superior to me now that I can't imagine going back. The perfect blend of sweet and salt.

9. the shah

the smell as its being ground is so nice. fressssshhhhhh

this is terrible--i wore a tshirt and small jacket yesterday heading to gym, was about to go out and ... well all i see is white. time to find the boots and big puffy again

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

So i figured out how I hurt my shoulder. I switched pull-ups for chin-ups, and i hurt it unracking the incline press.

11. APK

APK Senior member

the smell as its being ground is so nice. fressssshhhhhh

this is terrible--i wore a tshirt and small jacket yesterday heading to gym, was about to go out and ... well all i see is white. time to find the boots and big puffy again

All of the snow melted, but a steady drop over the last four hours has made school closures a possibility tomorrow. It was fun while it lasted.

12. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I feel like genetically I am just biased against hypertrophy.

WTF.

I'm doing chest today, there's another black dude in the gym, huge arms. 17-18" biceps easy, huge lats + pecs no homo. I'm DB benching 100# dumbbells, I look over this dude is beasting over some pink 60# DBs to bench. WTF. Maybe I should cut the weight in half and .... ??? Profit????

13. the shah

you are assuming a lot

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

you are assuming a lot
    Def possible

15. the shah

is your knee better after 24 hrs ?