1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

my gym is closed for 3 weeks, feels shitty as I had a nice routine going (5 days a week bro split, feels like ive gotten a little bigger). So pushups and shit as maintenance I guess.. not sure what to do for arms

2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

If u have a chin up bar GVT superset that shit.

3. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I've never hear the term "bro split" before. Looked it up, that is my routine exactly. :( And then I do swimming on one off day, running on the other. Exercise 7 days a week. I think it's effective.

Anyone have any recipes for a large quantity of foul bachelor food that reheats in a microwave alright? I've eaten so much pulled chicken I'm sick of it. Is there any fish/seafood that tastes alright microwaved?

4. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Everyone prob just got fucked over on the holiday weekend like me.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

P28? Bagels are actually pretty good, they have the sweet chewy texture. The bread is weird though. The company is actually in my city so they are pretty cheap locally.

1 person likes this.
  6. Cool The Kid

I used the weekend as a refeed opportunity. Def worked, I'm hungry AF again and back down below where I was last week. 1 weekend every month or so wont do shit if your shit is on point

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  7. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Somehow managed to get an almost bald spot on the side of my head when I cleaned up the sides with a clipper. Thankfully its just over the ear and not farther up.

If its not possible to fix by going short on the rest of the sides I guess I'm gonna get a very short buzz all over.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  8. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

goddamn I have even more grey hair now

9. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Quite dismayed by the amount of silver in the off-cut from my hair yesterday! And as for the beard.....

10. Eason

Eason Senior member

caber tastes good

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I will be totally grey by time I have my PhD

1 person likes this.
  12. fuji

fuji Senior member

Should be able to cum more frequently too. Might start taking it again for that reason.

My firm is so sick. Met 3 CEOs in the last 3 days with a random PM who seems to have taken a liking to me. Went shopping with him to look at various stores and say if I thought they were good market models, spend like 2 hours talking to my md every day about random shit and he's one of the most respected guys in his industry. Doing real research on stuff on stuff I get to choose, creating new data and not just checking for typos and changing fonts and getting screamed at. Made a program to take the seasonal factor out of time series data today.

2 people like this.
  13. OccultaVexillum

My 6 year old dip belt is completely fucked, need a new one. No leather, just want nylon or something so I can take the chain off and throw it in the wash.
    Anybody used one of these Harbinger ones? http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3970359
    Cheap but seems like it would work fine and I can get it locally. Otherwise I'd buy a spud one for around $45 + shipping, fwiw most of what I use it for will be dips and pullups in the 100-150lb range.

14. Cool The Kid

Damn you are doing dips and chins +100-150? You dont need a belt, you need a harness

15. OccultaVexillum

Harness seems really awkward? I don't even know how that would work.
    I have two 53lb kettlebells so I usually just loop both of those around the chain and occasionally add a plate if I'm going for triples or something. Pullups are my main pulling movement though and dips are usually a main movement too unless I'm doing close grip benching that day.

16. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

You could always buy an IronMind one. I know people who've used >200 lbs with that, as long you change the chain/strap thing.

Without knowing those bagels the protein in bagels is usually pretty shitty, though.

17. OccultaVexillum

Oh yeah good call on iron mind. I love my Iron mind straps.

P28 is literally just regular ass bagels with whey isolate added to it and some extra wheat gluten to make it chewy. I dunno if that's what Accordion got its just the only ones I'm aware of and since they are in basically every grocery store here, cos the company is local, I have them on hand most of the time. P28 bagel with a mashed banana and honey is pretty great post workout.

18. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Yeah okay, that sounds pretty good. I just know there was a local supermarket which had some protein bakery, but the protein was supposedly of not so good quality. And yeah, have a pair of IronMind straps myself that I love. I haven't tried the belt myself but know of some people who've lifted very heavily with it, if you just buy a proper chain for it.

19. accordion

accordion Senior member

Yea that's what I got after seeing Occulta's post from a while ago. They also make sliced bread.

20. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Sounds pretty good tbh.

Proper stats and programming knowledge would have been so great to have for my current job.
    Analyst role trying to evaluate interactions on the web and make recommendations for improvements of the design, performance tracking, etc.
    With some stats I could at least make some models to show which factors affect and correlate with each other and with programming I could change the design myself. Now I'm sitting with Google Analytics and piling on more work for the software developers. At least I feel more confident in my choice to try to take degree in stats.