1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

what do you mean its never going to be comfortable? if you are holding the bar right it fits perfectly above your collarbone and in the space between your delts and there is absolutely zero discomfort.

2. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

I have to try that because I don't do front squats because my wrists hurt like freaking hell... I don't really know why I never have problems with any other exercise/move that involves wrists...

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I don't know. I always have some small level of discomfort. It's not like sitting on your traps during a back squat, it's 95% more comfortable than when I started but I can't say I have zero discomfort.

4. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Everybody is different and shit takes time to adapt to. I remember folks here giving me shit about using the maxi pad for back squats. Now I have trap meat so I'm good. But I'm having the same discomfort issues with front squats and Zerchers. It has been getting better with time though, the body adapts. Just have to stick with it.

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I can't cut anymor. I like the feeling of being full. 209lbs to 169 was easy but anything below that I'm constantly hungry and miserable.

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

Buy sibutramine srs cant eat on that shit.

7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Like the others said, rest on the 'groove' in your anterior delts. Also crossing your arms instead of holding oly style was way more comfortable to me.

8. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

PhD?

9. ridethecliche

That feel when the better ranked school in a city you don't want to live in gives you 30K more a year in grants than a school you'd much rather go to...

10. APK

APK Senior member

Let's talk about how dadbods are now "in." The article about, which I'm too lazy to link to and fuck you go find it yourself, seems to boil down to: dadbods are sexy because women are insecure and don't want to be the less hot half of the relationship.

11. Dar FTW

Dar FTW Senior member

go to the cheaper one, it's not worth the extra debt. but you probably knew that cuz you have the feels

12. ridethecliche

I interpreted that in the "it's socially acceptable for men to look their age but god forbid a mom isn't hot anymore".

13. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

The only thing I can think that he may be doing to not rest correctly is flexing his traps while setting up for the front squat. Out of all squats the front squats bar position is by far the most comfortable for me.

14. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

You cut 40 lbs? In what kind of time frame? That's a lot.

1 person likes this.
  15. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I'd rather pay 30k to go to a better ranked school than the one I'm going to now, probably.

16. ridethecliche

Comprehension is key. The school that's 30K cheaper is better ranked. Also, this matters much less in medical school than for B school. Also, also, med school is 4 years and that's a 120k+ difference without interest!

17. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

lol then that's an easy one, but I understand your frustration

18. ridethecliche

Yeah. I've been in new england for almost the last decade and my family's in philly. I was hoping that this would be my chance to go back. It's just too much money to pass up on.

19. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

I'm so happy I am done with school forever.

1 person likes this.
  20. ridethecliche

I've got atleast a decade left.