1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Max is 800. An average of 738 is high for most programs.

2. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Went out last night with bros. Did some quality trolling of some drunk chicks. Personal highlights were just reaching over and touching the screen while someone was texting, then pretending not to speak english.

I need to come up with more things I can do to cause mischief...

3. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

This is so beta it makes me want to kill you.

7 people like this.
  4. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

but so much fun

5. boso

boso Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for the help. I'll just need to ask a random person to take videos on my phone haha. Recommendations on exercises for upper body?

Has anyone dealt with what feels like a strength imbalance between the left and right sides of the body? I felt it when I lifted in high school and I noticed it while running/doing pushups and pull-ups. It feels like the left side of my body isn't as strong and theres a posture imbalance. Since starting stronglifts I feel it when trying to keep my elbows even during rows, and I feel the right side of my body being worked more when I squat. When I was running a lot I always felt way more on my right side and it looks like I developed more calf muscle in my right leg. If there is an imbalance (that's not just mental) I probably accentuated it from running and pushups.

Also, should I be worried about dieting much when I begin or just focus on form and lifting consistency? I've always tried to avoid processed foods and eat relatively healthy. I did paleo for a bit and lost a lot of fat and felt extremely lean but haven't really stuck with it.

6. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Yes that's somewhat high but not uncommon. Harvard is 730, as is I think Wharton. I got 750 and it was pretty damn tough.

7. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Getting caught up on this thread.

Loled hard at this

8. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Bodybuilding.com 10% off everything
    Promo code catcher10

9. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

They should have made the code babycomeback

They have been crying in my email since I left to True Nutrition

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  10. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

isn't true nutrition more expensive? Unless you have a promo code?

11. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

If you're worried about strength imbalances while rowing, do them with dumbells. Otherwise, once you start getting heavy your other side is going to be forced to adapt.

As for accessories, do these 3 sets in the 8-12 rep range. When you can do 3 sets of 12, increase the weight.

assisted/weighted pull-ups, dumbbell flye and incline dumbbell bench to your Bench Day.

dumbell or barbell curls, assisted/weighted dips and delt raises to your Shoulder Press day.

Also add shrugs or farmer's walks to your deadlift day if you want to get bigger traps. I'd also add in planks (3xfailure, adding weight when you hit 1 minute) at the end of each workout.

To get your diet in check first you have to figure out your goals. Trying to lose weight? Figure out your Daily energy expenditure and subtract 500 calories. Trying to gain muscle? figure out your daily energy expenditure and add 500 calories. Log your calories until you hit your goal. Use myfitnesspal app.

Whether you're trying to gain or lose weight, try to get between .75-1 g protein per lean body mass. Mix up the rest of your diet the way (carb/fat ratio, paleo etc.) that works best for you and you'll stick with. Everything else are minor tweaks once you get this sort of shit down. Everyone has their own method. I try and get as many fruits and veggies in.

Protein supplements aren't necessary but help hitting your protein goals for the day. Other supplements worth taking are creatine and fish oil.

Also you can add cardio if you want because it's fun and is good for you and your heart is also a muscle, just eat more calories to compensate for it (most apps have calorie estimators for cardio, don't use the # on the machine).

1 person likes this.
  12. Cool The Kid

Not per gram of actual protein. Once you calculate on that basis it's OK (though their prices have been creeping)

13. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

What is now the up to date version of this? The date is 1st June I think and what is all the rest currently?

14. GraphicNovelty

Yeah it's june 1st, even though if we had it right now i'd win.

Who wants to give me money for a prize pot? Or make it an entry fee? Or just do it for the love of aesthetics?

15. Eason

Eason Senior member

A. No sex for the rest of your life
    B. Sex with Buck Angel every night for the rest of your life. You cannot refuse. (google him if you don't know)

The choice is yours.

16. Cool The Kid

May is off to a bad start. Stalled out on ~2200kcals and I dinged my knee bad. But I still want to make that big push for 6/1....

17. Eason

Eason Senior member

How often you reckon I should do a low fat/high carb/maintenance cal day in my 5th week of cutting?

18. GraphicNovelty

When you feel depleted and shitty. This is my first cut that was higher carb and lower fat and I didn't feel like I needed a refeed that didn't just kind of happen anyway.

19. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

The recommendations seems to depend on how low your calories are. I know some who have cut on high carbs low fat well below 10% bf.
    I did it every other day when I did IF.

Otherwise once a week seems to be the norm.

20. Eason

Eason Senior member

I'm on 2k, my estimated BMR is 1800. I get between 70-100g fat a day and about 100g carbs, 150~ protein.