1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I would just eat less eariler in the day, or do cardio or something the next day. When I eat out... I go.. balls deep? I hate having to hold back at an outing.

I miss NY sushi :(

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Per roll right?

3. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Yeah I can pack away rolls like no other. I'll probably just eat a snack beforehand, get some edamame and a small dinner. Problem is these dinners typically go on for 2-3 hours and they order like everything on the menu. Was incredible last time because I was at a steakhouse and bulking but now it'll be tough. :(

4. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Per 8 piece roll yes

5. Cool The Kid

O thats not bad. My lunch today was like 1400 kcal.

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

For lunch now I just batch sous vide chicken breasts and then brown them. Then make some sort of vegetable-grain dish as a side. Usually come out to 500-ish calories.

7. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Sushi is like the only thing I can eat on cuts lol. Just avoid the deluxe rolls cuz those can easily top 600 cals each.

8. Cool The Kid

***T-NATION ALERT***

"Is Powerlifting Hurting Bodybuilding?"

https://www.t-nation.com/training/is-powerlifting-hurting-bodybuilding

Thoughts?

I think powerlifting is awesome, but it's def not for everybody, and beginner programs (I hate 5x5, should be 5x8-10) and Rippletits shame push too many people in that direction IMO who might not have gone that way had they been able to choose w/o bias. Layne Norton's latest vlog discusses this.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Dunno, my first two years of lifting was powerlifting. I feel like that told me how to properly lift. I see guys at the gym who can hardly deadlift 125lbs without looking like gumby and I'm thankfull I have that background in focusing on the big three. Now time to grow my medial delts and biceps.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

Tren friends 2k15 :slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

Just do what I did last summer and refuse to eat and when everyone asks you why say you're getting shredded and then don't get a return offer lel.

3 people like this.
  11. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I think of powerlifting as a sport so the article does not really make any sense to me. It does make some sense if I change "powerlifting" to "strength training", but I still think the overall argument is flawed.

Honestly I don't think the divide between "hypertrophy training" and "strength training" is as big as many people make it out to be, at least not for natural lifters. You can get big just focusing on your strength, doing low reps and training the powerlifts more than whatever movements bodybuilders tend to do more. That's the way I've grown most anyway.

The guy who wrote the article does not seem to know how powerlifters train. I've read so many posts from bodybuilders who seem to have the same view of powerlifting training; that it only consists of squats, bench pressing and deadlifts, with low volume and no curls or accessory work. I just wonder if these people know any powerlifters and have looked at how they train? The Sheiko programs for instance has very high volume and lots of accessories and high rep work.

I'd also say that the general powerlifter has a better understanding of sound programming and progression than the general bodybuilder/guy who just wants to get big, and will thus most often make better and faster progress. But that is only based on my observations from watching the progression of new lifters at both commercial gyms and a powerlifting gym.

The takeways in the article are decent information but its absolutely nothing new. Its common sense for anyone who has been training for a while.

1 person likes this.
  12. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Are you serious? You really think you can get big naturally in the low rep range? Good luck with that.

13. conceptionist

Considering that I've grown most on this style of training (it is still high volume, just lots of sets of 2-5 reps) and from my observation training at both style of gyms, yes.
    I know that it is easier to reach a higher volume with higher reps, and that volume is the key driver to growth, but you can still reach high volumes with lower reps. You just have to substitute the lower reps with heavier weights, higher frequency and/or more sets to reach the same given total volume over a time period.

But sure, if my end goal was to get as big as possible, I'd probably train a little bit different. That doesn't mean powerlifting training can't get you big.

14. conceptionist

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

powerlifting is a lot of hips strength, bodybuilding dont care about hips.

16. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

I feel like a dick and I am not trying to come off as one but you aren't big at all. I was wholeheartedly expecting to vote for you in this aesthetics contest until I saw you had zero chest development. Your quads got huge but what percentage of new lifters are like fuck yeah I want huge legs and no upper body at all? I keep seeing people make the same mistake, bulking like a powerlifter then cutting like a bodybuilder and it's a two steps forward one step back approach that yields shit results especially when you are natty.

2 people like this.
  17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I wonder if I should use the rest of this bronkaid on the cut. I felt like it worked last time. After-all I did go from like 200lbs with a 308lb squat to 168lbs with a 350 squat, I just forgot how often to take it and dosage and such.

18. conceptionist

I haven't said that I am big, so I don't know why you bring that up. I said that I've grown.
    I'm not sure why you bring up my chest development either. I don't train to get a big chest. I train to to get a higher squat, bench, and deadlift. How I look is secondary.

It is not a mistake or failure since it is not my goal.

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

lil bit from Mike Israetel book -

20. fuji

fuji Senior member

Buy some sibutramine it is the ultimate cutting drug, was prescribed up until like a decade ago for obesity. It's an amphetamine that doesn't make you feel high whilst still really suppressing your appetite.

I wouldn't say powerlifting is worse for making you grow, it just makes you grow in areas people aren't that interested in growing. I want big delts, arms and pecs. I don't really care about how thick my hip flexors or spinal erectors are.