• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I heard they're harder to get on and off, and for skinnier guys without a gut single prong is better. Meh.

How did you size your Inzer TK? I'm assuming I need a medium, not a large. If I recall Charly uses a medium and his waist is a lot thicker than mine.

Not TK, but ease of use lever > distant 2nd single prong > 3rd double prong. Need a 2nd person or a stationary pole to get it off. But as I am now discovering, the lever belt can push one of the belt ends into your love handles when you secure it (whereas you don't run into that problem with a pronged belt cuz the slack goes into a belt loop).

I also have babby waist and my lever is set in the middle of the adjustment range on a medium

Anybody watching rum7?

Yeah... wanted to sleep in today but had to watch Dan squat.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These some big boys. I feel like such a ***** with my 1,000lb total

Last edited:

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These some big boys. I feel like such a ***** with my 1,000lb total

Comparison is the thief of joy, be happy with your progress, and focus on being better yourself. Nothing wrong with grabbing inspiration from these dudes though.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The dude who wrote my diet name keeps popping up. I wonder if he's lifting.

Comparison is the thief of joy, be happy with your progress, and focus on being better yourself. Nothing wrong with grabbing inspiration from these dudes though.

Well said!

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't want a lever because my weight changes so frequently and sometimes I lift in a hoodie

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

With my competitive nature, it took me a while to recognize this.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hit 350 dead today! While cutting too, it's weird but I feel really strong, repped 315 2x3 before this. Sorry **** angle but I promise I locked it out Scroll to 25 for action, sorry but can't embed or edit video off phone

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good job man
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Butt rises a lil bit too fast but it still looks like you manage to keep the back pretty straight.
Solid pull.

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice pull Mark!

My deadlift is bleh right now. Thinking about finally switching to over under instead of double overhand. Stalling around 360, can't seem to get quality reps in over 315.

Last edited:

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks brahs! Corny as it sounds don't think I would have gotten here without our little community here.

And Tigerprawn, some dudes were definitely mirin, feels good man

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so i was taking a look at my goals that i had set for myself last summer. since ***today is my birthday*** (i accept paypal e-gift cash, thanks) i was taking a look at the year gone by while listening to slow dub because im an introspective phaggot full of feels on days like these.

set // actual
feb 8 2014 // december 2013
squat 315x5 // 385x1, 315x5,5, 225x16
bench 225x5 // 250x1, 225x2
deadlift 405x5 // 410x1

the only thing is... i hit these in december before i took time off for my elbow and got weak and soft as **** in the meantime, so currently im at 315x1 squat, 405x1 deadlift, and benching i dont know because i've only done it once. its still pretty motivating knowing that i was there a short time ago and even though im currently pretty discouraged with training given this bastard elbow tendonitis that will not **** off, its refreshing to think of myself as starting over from this point.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good job man 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Butt rises a lil bit too fast but it still looks like you manage to keep the back pretty straight. 
Solid pull.

Yeah I'm working on that, I think I manage it well on lower weight, but with a max I **** a bi t.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads