1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

My macros when dieting are 10% fat 60% carbs 30% protein. Quite a lot of guys on gear run low fat high carb when they diet because you don't really need the fat for hormonal function and you can take much more volume so more carbs are helpful.

1 person likes this.
  2. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

I fully expect to lose this contest but it's a great opportunity for me to actually have a reason to cut for the summer. Also I don't need to be fat as fuck when I propose to my girlfriend this summer.

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

Waiting for my CFA books to get here so I can eat breakfast, lift, eat again, take amphetamines, go to the library and spend all doing studying then go home eat and sleep. Easiest way to cut, no way to snack.

4. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Oh, didn't think about that.
    Perhaps that is the case.

I do know though that an anterior pelvic tilt makes the stomach appear larger. Women often have APT which can make their stomach stick out even though they are actually thin. My previous APT has almost vanished completely from strengthening the core and the hips/glutes. So I think it can be related to your hip alignment and hip strength as well.

2 people like this.
  5. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

The fat intake is often made in relation to bodyweight. Usual numbers for fat intake are 0.25-0.5 per pound of bodyweight (you can go higher of course).
    Considering that The Rock weighs a lot more than the average guy, his fat intake is actually not high at all, while it is relatively higher for the untrained, regular weight guy.

1 person likes this.
  6. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Duh?

1 person likes this.
  7. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

True. Im probably just a bit fat (but adding a lot more ab work now, so we´ll see how it goes).

9. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

1 person likes this.
  10. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Oh man climbing is so much freaking fun!

The inside of my left arm hurts so much though. I thought it was sore from the climbing, but I honestly think that I'm getting stretch marks from gaining muscle too fast there and it's causing pain.

Weird huh?

Cod Damn.

1 person likes this.
  11. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Are stretch marks rare? My chest and shoulders are filled with them.

12. ridethecliche

I get them between my pec and anterior delts, but the ones on the inside of the elbow really freaking hurt.

13. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

I've never seen that, can you post a pic.

14. ridethecliche

I'll try but it's really hard to see. The skin just looks a bit pinker and shines in the light differently at the exact spot where it hurts. The stretch marks on my chest/delt intersection region are a reddish pink.

15. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

[​IMG]
    This is what I have going on.

16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Everyone has that who lifts and is big.

17. ridethecliche

Yeah I have those too on my shoulders, but not as big since I'm way smaller than you. The inside of elbow thing is freaking weird, but it hurts exactly where the mark is and only started to bother me when I start climbing/lifting not during the day.

18. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

Hit a 577.5kg/1273lb total in the 83kg class at this weekend's regional champs. Finally hit 240kg deadlift, missed 220kg squat this close.

4 people like this.
  19. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Are you sure that those are stretch marks? Sounds like a really odd place for stretch marks.

20. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

I've got stretch marks all over my thighs and ass... bootylicious girl problems? But I'm surprised the ones on your ellbow hurt, I guess you might keep an eye on that, doesn't really sound like normal stretch marks to me.

Something different. What is the best way to take pics to see what one actually really looks like? I have selfies in every stadium from looking like shit to being totally satisfied. It's kinda the equivalent of me getting up one day feeling like THIS.IS.SPARTAAA! and the next day getting up and thinking about quitting working out because I look/feel like I make no progress.

This was yesterday at the gym
    [​IMG]

I've also decided to not lose any weight per se anymore. I'll try to hold this weight until June, so I'll go up a bit with the kcal but stick with 25g carbs a day. I'd like to lose some fat while getting a bit more quality mass. Wonder if this would work out as a recompose. I know myself good enough that bulk would mean I'd go full potato and stuff every shit in my face I can find.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    1 person likes this.