1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. msg

msg Senior member

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  2. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Haven't worked out in a week... Slowly going insane.

Hoping to get three days in before heading to London.

Are you really that desperate?

3. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

What is going on here?

4. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

Haha no, I have a girlfriend. But the entertainment factor is unbelievable. It also shows why mankind will hopefully soon go extinct. Who in hell sends nudes to a stranger? The trolling is gold though, especially the amount of misc related lingo.

Love how that one dude sends pics of his ass/thighs in compression shorts, all the kids going crazy until he send his smiling, bearded face. Looks like squats can destroy dreams.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  5. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Gf is worried I'll never stop bulking. I am too TBH. :confused:

Actually, I'm just worried I'm still gonna look DYEL if I stop bulking after just totaling 1000. Also want to look good for when I start school in August, which means have a bulk and most of a cut cycle finished.

Considering hitting upper for a bit longer and deferring the 1000 lb goal. IDK. ugh

6. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Eh, from the pic that you posted earlier it doesn't look like your bf% is alarmingly high. Also, if you want to look good/not DYEL why don't you switch away from hitting 1000 lbs as your main goal and make it secondary? Switch your focus from being strong to getting big (while still getting stronger). I'm of course assuming your program is targeted towards strength, not sure what your program actually looks like.

Also, I doubt you're going to shirtless that much in August? As long as your bf% is somewhat decent you should still look good in a t-shirt.

7. Khayembii Communique

I'm running SPBR right now. 1000lbs is a solid tangible goal but it would require me to switch to doing lower body 2x/wk which would slow my upper body gains which is where I really think I need it. Maybe I should just go for a 300 bench before cutting? That would run me another couple months of bulking.

Or maybe I should just switch off like I used to, i.e. one week do Upper-Lower-Upper and the next Lower-Upper-Lower so I'm hitting it all while still working towards the 1000lb total. The thing is that SPBR has me do some upper on "Lower" days (i.e. back and bicep work).

8. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

I'd never heard of that routine, but I just looked it up and if you feel like you're missing out in the upper body department (your chest seems a bit behind from the pic), I'm not sure why you'd have such a low frequency+volume for your chest? I mean less than 10 sets a week really isn't a lot and your main exercises are only 3 sets?? As I remember you've lifted before and therefore not completely new, so if I were you I'd probably switch to an upper/lower split 4x times a week. Then you can start out with a compound movement where you have some progression, like 5x5 or whatever for squat, deadlift, military press and bench press, and then you could do higher reps and supersets for the rest of your workout.

If I was only working out 3x a week I'd probably do fullbody to have a high frequency, if you don't have the time for 4x a week.

9. Khayembii Communique

Well I do upper 2x/wk now (M & F) which would be 6 sets of bench/incline and 8 sets of db bench/incline, so 14 sets/wk on chest. And I've had solid progress on bench, at least. Here's my lifting spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18lNdmZHze9h7wlzZzrGMpsvqGaygsSxQ48e-C3FY-0Q/edit?usp=sharing

10. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

What is this website I want to see some nudes.

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Food for thought... I could have got just as strong as I was at the start of my cut at 15lb lower body weight as the last ~4-6 months of my bulk I kept making gains while holding weight steady

Summer time pool parties, beach trips and pretty much any time to walk around shirtless, my ~1000 lb total doesnt mean shit :confused: Wifey likes more size but not fat

Plus leaning out and doing cardio and shit I feel a lot healthier. Resting heart rate is super low, endurance is up in the gym even in a deficit, etc etc. U have plenty of time, I would cut down and enjoy the summer.

12. milosh

milosh Senior member

Really not sure why you'd care about your total if you're not competing.

13. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Every time I see a new post by Milosh all I can think of is....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

took a break from cutting because i was feeling sick and i wanted to see how i even out and tbh, i'm so close to that super aesthetic sub 10% point that I'm gonna hop back on the wagon. Not sure how many lbs it'll take to get there (hovering around 162, down from 167) but i've got lots of time before sun's out guns out.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. Khayembii Communique

It's just a goal to have and it's really motivated me to kick ass at the gym.

2 people like this.
  16. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Can't the same be said for someone that wants to get muscular and lean?

17. ridethecliche

Not really if you're doing it for the 'mirin.

I'm at an LA fitness back home in PA and i feel so freaking tiny. Which i know i am, but Damn son.

18. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I find the specific act of competing in body building shows to be a bit... weird. I am not surprised the YT fitness folks I follow generally don't compete, even though most of em easily could.

19. ridethecliche

Also, i want my next gym to Fucking have hammer strength machines...

20. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

I agree that it's a silly statement to make as it'd not be factoring in if someone is doing it because of the personal improvement/psychological rewards. That being said there are probably more people who care about getting muscular and lean to get approval from others/self-confidence, not really the same if you have a big total.