• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Jesus. Squatting isn't that hard, guys. Just keep your feet shoulder width apart with toes straight ahead and dont let your knees go past your toes, and you'll be fine.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if serious, everyone's geometry varies enough that rules like "keep toes in front of knees" don't really apply

People have to figure out their geometry and imbalances. Some people just aren't made to squat. It's not that simple to figure that all out.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
And yes TK, I am putting on size atm.
Its def not a dreamer bulk by your standards (unexpected yeah? *sarcasm*), but I'm eating at a constant surplus and putting on weight.

Just found this
0.jpg

Pretty intense. Real alpha.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You keep spreading those rumors, CTK, and you're going to get people hurt.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good deadlift video from Omar. Wish this had been around when I started..

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lookin forward to Mark's cut progress.

Marks getting jacked. I'm gonna squat 400, pull 450, bench 210 at my next meet. All will be good in RHET.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
squatting isn't all that difficult. what is difficult, though is sifting through all the internet advice and wisdom where people claim to know your 'geometry' or the one thing that will make you squat better. there are certain fundamentals that need to be there, some others are simply preference. this is what a proficient coach does, he teaches the fundamentals and the lifters make the movement their own.

and this is not regarding PL or geared lifting where things are a bit different, just if you want to move reasonably decent weight and do it well.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm going to end up looking like that kid on facebook that Mark posted. ***** mode engage.

Mark gettin big tho. Good job :)

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn boston market having 2,000mg of sodium in a meal.. Friend told me you want to eat higher sodium when you're eating 250g of protein a day but that seems high. Tyring to watch water retention bloat.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who cares about sodium when you're not hypertensive, bulking or not at the end of a cut?

Last edited:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a suspicion that sodium bloats me up a lot, like it should I guess. I did a test where I dropped Chipotle and Boston Market for a week 1/2 and lost 4 lbs of what I felt like wasn't good weight. I ate the same macros but just ate all home cooked meals with no high sodium, sugar, or preservatives. I also felt better like I didn't need to be drinking water all the time.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a suspicion that sodium bloats me up a lot, like it should I guess. I did a test where I dropped Chipotle and Boston Market for a week 1/2 and lost 4 lbs of what I felt like wasn't good weight. I ate the same macros but just ate all home cooked meals with no high sodium, sugar, or preservatives. I also felt better like I didn't need to be drinking water all the time.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heh, good point. But I was surprised how only 1 meal 3-4x a week made a difference like that.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel better being bloated and eating Chipotle than sitting at home eating a stupid chicken breast.

Normally I'm on board w/ homemade food too - but Khaye has a point. Almost nothing beats stuffing one's face w/ Chipotle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads