1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. virus646

virus646 Senior member

I'm getting stronger on all my lifts :slayer: anyone else getting good results?

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! I am officially announcing the

RHET Aesthetics Contest

Fire up your myfitnesspal apps, find your most flattering lighting, get out your quasi-legal stimulants because we're gonna have the most nohomo shirtless pose-off this side of the subforum.

The date for entries is May 1st. (international worker's day for all you leftists)

Get cutting/bulking/riding your bicycles because I expect all of you to bring your a-game. You can PM me your entries or post them to this thread, and i'll compile them in another thread for voting.

Literally 0 restrictions on posing, lighting, etc, but try and keep the pictures natty (i.e. no photoshop/excessive photo filtering etc. etc.) I'll know shops, because I can tell from the pixels and from having seen a few shops in my time.

Also, is anyone interested in a prize fund? everyone puts in $5-10 and the winner gets the pot?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Who the fuck is going to be ready by May 1st? Do like July 1st ffs.

4. GraphicNovelty

Bitch I started cutting in February

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

183 this morning, pathetic abs showing through. Don't look like I lift. Just in time for RHET contest. :slayer:

6. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

I'm down for a pot. Maybe June 1st is more reasonable for people who really need to cut, plus it's perfect for the start of summer.

7. GraphicNovelty

I could get down with June 1st. July, however, seems excessive.

1 person likes this.
  8. fuji

fuji Senior member

already have veins in my upper abs. Walking around chang mai, erryone mirin.

9. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Yup. Lifts are moving along nicely.

Gonna be all puffy and bloated for the aesthetics contest.
    Good lighting will have to save me.

10. virus646

virus646 Senior member

You aware of Frank Yang fuji?

11. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Yup. Monday I did a series of power clean + front squat (3x1+1) at 205 with 60s rest between efforts. Last month couldn't clean more than 195.

1 person likes this.
  12. fuji

fuji Senior member

yeah mang, remember watching his training montage like 3 years ago and mirin. Don't like his pseudo intellectual bullshit, if its not quant dgaf.

13. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Can we have a natty division? [​IMG]

Joking aside, I'm actually quite surprised about the amount of people in this thread who seem to use steroids. Perhaps they're just a more vocal part of this thread, but I'd have thought a clothing forum would have less people on gear to fit clothes/look good in clothes. Of course not saying you won't be able to fit clothes or look good in them if you're on gear, but there is a point where it just starts looking off. Then there's of course people like Charly who seem to do it for strength.

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

Other then suits I can buy everything off the rack pretty easy. I weigh like 190lb at 6'3" when very lean most of the year im like 210-220, no real interest in getting much bigger, maybe like 5lb heavier when lean. Theres only 3 people who have admitted to using gear, but there are more who are on.

15. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Fair enough, I definitely see your height being to an advantage then for buying OTR. At 5'9 with a slightly square-ish physique my case definitely isn't the same. If it's not too personal do you take gear simply because it's easier to have/maintain the physique you want? I mean, 220 lean at your height might not be easy natty, but definitely not impossible.

16. fuji

fuji Senior member

yeah pretty much.

220lb and properly lean like veins on my abs and lats so lets say 7% bf would be pretty fucking huge. Like I would probably place in the WNBF. Arnold weighed like 230lb at contest and he's not that much shorter then me and they didn't even get that lean back then.

17. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

yeah I don't have much interest in getting bigger. strength and body composition are much more important to me.

18. GraphicNovelty

Not on gear but would consider clen for the last little bit of cutting.

19. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

try sucking all of the estrogen out of your body with letro, it feels really great.

20. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Yeah okay, I thought we were talking 12% bf or something since you said you weighed 190 when very lean. 220 at 12% should be pretty doable for most people who've worked out for a few years if they're serious enough.

1 person likes this.