1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I think I'm done trying to gain weight. Going to stick it out at around 180 and work on doing a bit of a recomp and concentrate mostly on reps.

I'm secretly hoping i can do hex deads again, but i feel like that ship has sailed. Id love to keep those up even at just 225. Never thought those would feel better than fs and also build legs a bit but it is what it is.

2. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

My girlfriend just told me she likes me fat. Brb eating til diabetes.

2 people like this.
  3. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

Abs in addition (hanging leg raise + pike & roll out on swiss ball a few times a week). I don't think compound exercises are sufficient, but then I'm too fat to really judge.

I used to have Westone UM1 and the fit on these was incredible, now I own Sony XBA-H1 and take the cable over the ears like it was done with the Westone (so using the Sonys upside down) and take the cable over the back for everything but squats.
    But that said, I prefer not to listen to music when going to my personal limits.

Today some guy asked me if I shouldn't lower the weight on deadlifts because my legs get shaky and I looked strained when setting the weight down... we have f$cking parquet floor, I have to take like 3 seconds to lower the weight in a slowmo controlled fashion not to bang it, how am I not going to look strained!? I really should stick to the times shortly before closing when the smart asses aren't there.

4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Lol. When I lived in Denver I remember pulling in the gym and I just hear somebody yelling from around the corner "IF YOU CAN'T CONTROL THE WEIGHT YOU SHOULDN'T BE LIFTING IT".
    Another time at the same gym I did a set, walked to the water fountain 10 ft away and when I turned around there were 2 gym mats/pads sitting in front of the barbell, most subtle hint.
    This was Armbrust which has a number of pros, I was there another time and fucking Phil Heath was deadlifting, turned to talk to his training partner/friend/whatever around the corner and this little meathead tip toes over to the barbell and throws the pads in front of the barbell, I have no idea who the guy was but I'm assuming it was the same guy.
    It was a pretty rad gym though, best one I've been to in terms of atmosphere, I only went a 4-5 times though since it was like 1.5 hours from our apt.

5. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Just pulled 365 on sumo for 1RM. I think my back has healed. 40 lbs to go.

6. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Start lighter if you don't want to risk anything and build back up slowly. Let it take its time. I don't understand why you are in a hurry.

1 person likes this.
  7. barrelntrigger

I have been taking it easy. I actualy started at 185. The last time I deadlifted, I pulled 245 as working sets. Next session, gonna go 255. I watched this and got super pumped! So, decided to see where I was at. I'm back to my old conventional pull PR which I'm pretty damn stoked!

[​IMG]

8. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Alright, but don't test yet. Just increase slowly and keep perfect technique or you'll risk fucking up the back again.

1 person likes this.
  9. barrelntrigger

Thanks, man! I've actually been doing low reps, high sets just to get the form down without getting too fatigued where I get sloppy and at the same time, hit a decent volume.

10. Eason

Eason Senior member

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  11. virus646

virus646 Senior member

Sounds too much like lazerhawk, check it out.

12. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Anyone listen to cloudkicker?

13. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I actually wear earplugs now when I lift, it's serene. Fucking hate it if music is playing at a training facility. Especially some kind of lame-ass metal or w/e.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  14. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Thought it was going to be some lame ass neo-classical/european metal in the beginning but then it turned into that heavy synth stuff. Quite cool actually. Bit of a heavier Crockett's Theme vibe.

15. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

No music? Interesting.

Hoping this house shit goes all the way through. I will be home gyming by like May or so.

16. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Just let him hurt himself again.

1 person likes this.
  17. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I have used my headphones for noise canceling with no music. The music they play at my gym is atrocious, not to mention distracting, so I have to block it out. Don't mind lifting with no music though, that's how it is where I do yoga every morning, completely quiet except for the sound of people breathing.

Good luck with the house deal.

18. barrelntrigger

19. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Been averaging about 1lb/week lost since Feb 2nd :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  20. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I've been cutting for about the same time but my weight hasn't been as consistently coming off. My bf is going down though so i'm not as worried.