1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Bulking:
    Eat more calories than you consume. Get adequate protein.

Cutting:
    Eat less calories than you consume. Get adequate protein.

If she wants to get "aesthetic" instead of some other body type then she just has to do the above while implementing a proper training regimen.

1 person likes this.
  2. msg

msg Senior member

Well, yeah. The principles are obvious, it's the implementation that's interesting. Like, an actual diet and training routine, ideally written by a woman

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  3. accordion

accordion Senior member

recommendations for black leggings that don't have logos?

4. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

Why would a woman writing it change anything?

1 person likes this.
  5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Actual diet and training routine equals paying for it.

6. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

This is a good point. Just find a competitive physique/bikini model that she wants to look like and pay her to write a program.

7. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

She could follow the Lagerfeld diet, which is purely about aesthetics (if she likes being thin over muscled) and as a bonus no more working out.

8. msg

msg Senior member

She likes to run half marathons, so I don't think that'll really work out.

9. msg

msg Senior member

Paying for something isn't necessarily bad especially if the guidance is good. Got any suggestions?

10. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Look up the new rules of lifting for women. It's got this power that somehow magically convinces women off of the terrible bro-science fed to them by everything womens-fitness-related thing ever and gets them lifting.

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Its not that simple. For example when your calories drop for a while your consumption drops too. The leaner you get the harder your body holds on to fat (so u dont die). Etc. etc.

12. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Chubby girls are better for fucking anyway so pointless discussion

If shes actually obese/bbw territory then any diet will do

2 people like this.
  13. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Except the entire diet portion of the book is about metabolism crap and not about how to construct a diet.

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Boston Market mashed sweet potatoes post workout is straight fire.

15. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

1 meal, 1 post-workout shake, 3x bowls from Chipotle an hour post-shake, and I still have macros left. IF while cutting is fantastic.

(Note: Chipotle isn't a typical meal for me — went to a gym really far away today)

16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I use to eat chipotle daily, did it for a year. Good stuff, but adds up quick.The only thing I miss is the farts which I use to terrorize my girlfriend with.

17. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Its still very simple. Eat less calories than you burn. The fact that you suddenly burn less just means that you have to adjust the calories or your activity level.

@msg There's no need for any special diet and the whole idea of a special diet for aesthetic shows a lack of understanding of nutrition. Just eat good food at a caloric deficit with adequate protein. Pretty much everyone knows what that is and they will be able to reach sub 10 bf (for men) if they just stick to it.

1 person likes this.
  18. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

There is the real issue of catabolic damage. IMO once you get down to where your deficit is more than ~1000kcal or ~40% of your normal maintenance, unless you are like morbidly obese you are probably doing metabolic damage. I did a cut once where I think my average deficit was ~1300-1400 from baseline. Felt like complete shit, lifts were garbage, muscles were flat and when I got down to "target weight" I put back about 10lbs in a week or so. Rather take my time and stay above that threshold.

19. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

This sounds like an issue of bad planning and strategy. If you are on very low calories, training can obviously suck. Also pretty well known that you gain back body fat fast when you come off a cut, especially if you got very lean. If you lose mostly fat in a weight loss, its mostly fat you're gonna gain when you go back to eating at a surplus, unless you are naturally lean/never been fat.

1 person likes this.
  20. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I just moved to a new place, which is about 4 minutes away from my club gym by foot. This is much more efficient compared to my earlier gym commute of 1+ hr

1 person likes this.