1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Thanks GN, lot of interesting stuff. It would be a lot easier if I weren't trying to hold on to lean mass, but I'm making progress nonetheless. Your point about whey is interesting... I've heard other folks say the same. I would probably be able to stay a lot fuller if I got all my protein from food... but I try and do about 240-250g per day. That's a lot of meat. You definitely have me thinking now though as wifey and I are trying to sync our eating and I do want to get more fish in. I do about 120g from shakes... might chop that down to like 60. That's a really good idea. Hopefully if this house shit goes through and I get the home gym setup right away I'll actually be able to make that happen.

This is my first real cut where I have some kind of clue what I'm doing and it's been a real eye opener. Main thing is having a plan and sticking to it and managing hunger. I'm used to the pangs now for the most part. Biking helps too, been building base miles and riding about 20 miles a week which is just the right amount for now.

What happened to your leg?

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I tore my ACL playing soccer. I got the surgery 3 months ago (12 weeks as of yesterday)

3. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

What sort of graft did you get? Any issues getting back full extension?

4. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Why did you get surgery - do you play a lot of football? Mainly asking as I tore my ACL a month ago and so far I've been advised to not get surgery and just rehab.

5. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

From the little I understand, surgery is advised based on the kind of tear, reconstruction required, and patient mobility after injury.

Just saying that because just 2 tears might be totally different.

Also @GraphicNovelty , I love your signature lol.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  6. GraphicNovelty

Hamstring. I have osgood schlatter so my patella is kind of fucked. No problems getting into extension.

What I was told is that surgery's pretty much required if you want to stay active. Then again mine was completely torn.

7. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

How does eating fruits and nuts and yogurt count as fasting? I don't mean that to sound accusatory and actually think what you're doing is better than true fasting (which i think is pretty awful for body comp), I'm just curious why you refer to your plan as some kind of intermediate fasting.

8. GraphicNovelty

hm? I mean i'm on a 16 hour fast, 8 hour feeding window (usually from noon to 8pm)--pretty standard leangains protocol.

Basically I just skip breakfast and don't snack late.

9. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

Does this snacking occur during the 8 hour feeding window or during the 16 hour fast? I think that is the question.

10. GraphicNovelty

during the feeding window.

11. OccultaVexillum

Yeah, the way you worded it before it sounded like you were eating the fruits/nuts/yogurt during the 16 hour fast, which would make it not a fast.

12. GraphicNovelty

hah nah. I tried to do a 20/4 fast with fruit/yogurt as snacks during the fast but i got too hungry (warrior diet style)

13. OccultaVexillum

OK, that makes more sense.

On another note I have to watch this documentary series - Weight of the Nation - for this midterm assessment I have coming up and I cannot believe the amount of shit crammed into 4.5 hours.

14. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

I've been IF for the past year and really like it, especially now that I'm cutting — getting to have really big meals while in a deficit is definitely an upside

15. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Benched 225 x 13 today. Felt pretty good. Going for 14 reps next time.

16. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Oh, guess the medical science differs in our countries then. My doctors and physiotherapist all told me I should only get an operation if I did pivotal sports on a high level and an operation wasn't necessary if it was only for lifting weights, running and skiing. Otherwise solely doing rehab proved just as good according to them. I've also got Schlatter btw, it sucks.

17. fuji

fuji Senior member

This rehab place is fucking shit. At least i can go to the gym 3x a day.

2 people like this.
  18. GraphicNovelty

yeah the doc said if i want to keep playing sports i'd have to get it repaired. I'm relatively young (27) so i figured it'd be the time to do it.

Also ridethecliche I wouldn't bother bulking too much right now, just getting lean for summer, slowly putting on mass over the summer months and then. When you're at the beach/at festivals/running shirtless ottermode > builtfat.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  19. knucks

knucks Senior member

Looks good, just don't think that converts to a 495 squat?

20. Eason

Eason Senior member

Aw but when you're done you can come hang out with me in the 'kok. That's worth anything.