1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

currently at 242lbs

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Do any of you guys Fuck with rings? L sits etc?

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

cardio just requires grinding at it until you enjoy it. just get cardio up and get aesthetics and fuck slootz at mud runs.

1 person likes this.
  4. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Sure, there are some places but I'm pretty sure the major banks and such are more about merit than nepotism. I'd argue expats send their kids there because it's their home country and they know the language/culture, which is a big factor. It's hard to explain without going in a lot of detail, but I've actually kinda been in that situation myself. I also think the reputation of Herlufsholm has worsened a lot over the years + I doubt any major firm will hire you based on where you went to high school, unless you can argue how it makes you differ from other people. That'd probably more be due to indepedence gained from moving at a young age.

On an exercise-related note my knee sucks. I can't even bench with proper leg drive due to not being able to bend my knee enough.

5. ridethecliche

Maybe this is the push i need to start riding a bit more once the weather gets nicer out!

How do you train differently for aesthetics? Just high rep work?

6. GraphicNovelty

Yeah and focus on your diet.

If you lift with decent volume at moderate weight and eat you'll put on muscle. If you do it with slightly less volume and eat less you'll lose fat.

If someone were to ask me how to do aesthetics starting from scratch I'd say run starting strength for like 6 weeks max just to not be a weak piece of shit. But you don't really need to be super strong to put on decent amounts of muscle mass.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  7. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I put on a very noticeable amount of shoulder mass just by adding a bunch of dumbbell work in the 10-15 rep range. My BB press max hasn't budged. I think one of my big errors early on was focusing too much on the big lifts.

I've been working on L-sits for awhile now. I use the dip bar because it hurts my wrists to do a bunch of these. Jackknifes and other ab work helps you get there. I'm training to do them from the ground, though, which is different from rings because you have to lift yourself up differently (no idea which muscles are doing this, probably a lot of them & definitely your traps).

IMO, culture matters more than this. I wouldn't want to work at a place where I wasn't free to go across the street and get some work done at starbucks for a couple hours or work in the cafeteria or something. I do think that having access to natural light (windows, patio, etc) is really important. I noticed a big improvement when I finally snagged a window cubicle at my current job, where before I was in a dark cube in the middle of the building all day. Which was awful.

1 person likes this.
  8. GraphicNovelty

I thought I was going to shrink because I'm self-limiting to 30 lb dumbells +bodyweight for all upper body work. Turns out my chest has never looked better..

Anyway just get a slow cooker (or two) and make rice+veggie+meat casseroles and top them with greek yogurt.

9. GraphicNovelty

10. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Fuck, I was waiting for like a little hamster to sit down and eat all that.

11. ridethecliche

12. fuji

fuji Senior member

DGAF as long as pay is good, but this new place is all mahogany, gold marble and out elevators are incased in water falls so its pretty nice. Oh and they have barcelona chairs in the waiting room. This bulge bracket i worked at looked like a food court.

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

What do u do in a cut when u start to feel like ur energy is sapped. I have leg day today and Im scared to go in cause I feel like Im gonna pass out under the bar. Might have to start fucking with caffeine again.

14. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I'm getting spoiled since I have my own office while a lot of other grad students are grinding it out in cesspools of 4 or 5. And even that isn't too bad compared to many places, or so I hear.

15. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

We have pretty nice offices and we're in the building of a social club so I can go down for a steam if I want. Also have a rooftop bar and regular bar on the 1st floor for members so I can grab a drink after work. Also have a restaurant in the building so I can meet with associates for breakfast/lunch without leaving the building, and event space if we need to have a meeting or event. If I don't feel like having a drink in my office because we have a full bar and fridge packed with drinks. Also heated underground parking spot. I'm spoiled.

16. ridethecliche

Have you tried taking your carb+protein shake pre-workout? Might give you a bit more energy?

I know you said you did it during your workout and liked it, but maybe increasing the amount a little and drinking half before workout will help.

Also caffeine lol.

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

That's why I drink 45g protein 90g carbs during workout on a cut. Makes a big big difference

18. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I do 30g carbs and ~15g BCAAs. All that really does is keep my energy up through the end of the workout. When I was bulking I had energy coming in. Now I have no energy coming in. Strangely enough my compounds at the beginning are weaker... bench/lat pulldowns are down already... but all the frou frou shit at the end is still holding up. I'm feeling like my body just turned down the dial on my metabolism.

19. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Why are you reluctant to use caffeine? A few cups of coffee a day are beneficial for you.

1 person likes this.
  20. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Nothing. Get used to it.