1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Haha yea, I mean invert KB shoulder presses are fun. Can't think of much else either.
    One, he has more muscle on his frame that you will ever have in your entire lifetime. Two, he and RP has trained world class athletes in various strength sports. What does it matter what he looks like? He's a bodybuilder. That's what bodybuilders tend to look like in the off season. Three, please give me various situations where a kettlebell is superior to a dumbbell or barbell. Four, you say the important thing to get stronger is to move weights around and yet kettlebells rarely go over 70 pounds lolol are you fucking kidding me? Five, I don't give a fuck if you're down 18 pounds with another 14 pounds to go. The muscle is already there and you're cutting the fat? Please come back and show us your ripped 160 pound body when you're done.
    Yea, I will agree with you on that they're actually pretty damn fun to mess around with. I actually really like doing invert KB presses when I'm around KB's. But this Fueco pheg is delusional if he thinks someone will get stronger by using kettlebells than barbells and dumbbells.

2. mrchariybrown

See.. now this makes MUCH more sense. I, now, agree with you. Barbells and dumbbells are probably not that important to you if you're a distance runner.

But again, if you think you're gonna get stronger by fucking around with KB's rather than barbells and dumbbells, please please pleaseeeeee explain how when KB's usually only go up to 70 pounds.

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

I don't give a fuck who is more ripped. As stated, THAT IS NOT MY GOAL!

Did I say kettlebells were superior? NO. Did you say they were worthless? YES.

I didn't say I would get stronger using Kettlebells than using Barbells and Dumbbells. I said I would get stronger using them than not using them.

You obviously have a completely different goal of what you want from training than I do. Get used to it. You can have your 99% muscle mass if you wish. I'd rather have the ability to run 7 minute miles for hours on end.

My goal is in no way to superior to yours. It's just different.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

but i look so much cooler when i use kettlebells at the gym, I'm like some mysterious guy that could be from motherland russia.

I think every male #1 health goal should be to increase muscle mass over time while lower bodyfat. Your goal is dumb. (at the same time I'm happy you have something you like) because that #1 goal will just lead to a life time of letdowns.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  5. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Where did I say Kettlebells were better than other means of lifting weight?

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

He did say he was an endurance athlete in his first post though.

I always associated Kettlebells with super-ripped MILFs not mysterious russian dudes.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  7. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Except those Russians use barbells and a shit ton of iron and brutalise every other country when it comes to strength sports. In gyms the only things I actually see kbs used for are swings and those side bend things with the on overhead. Like half a Turkish get up or something. I'm sure they have a name.

8. mrchariybrown

Where did I say there were worthless? I said they have very little use.

I don't care who's more ripped either lolol

So you don't have access to barbells/dumbbells? Or you just want to use KB's instead for some obscure reason?

If I can get to 99% muscle mass?.. I have no idea what that means but that sounds awesome.

9. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Lower body fat should be the goal. Increasing muscle mass isn't necessary for most people. Life is not a competition to look better in a Speedo than everyone else.

10. mrchariybrown

Must've missed that part. I guess what rustled my jimmies was that a grown man was using KB's instead of barbells and dumbbells to "increase strength."

11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Sorry, I meant 99% lean mass. Or 1% body fat, or whatever...

I'm done with this conversation. I feel like I'm arguing with a brick wall.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I wish Mike would go more into bodybuilding. He rarely writes about it, it's all related to powerlifting and stuff. I guess that gets more clicks in the circles he is in. But from what I gather he probably programs bodybuilding really close to powerlifting, big dumbell movements for more reps while increasing weight over time, except the competition phase.

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I definitely have a thing for girls with lots of lower body fat :D

Anyway you both agree stop arguing so we can get back to arguing about rice cookers

14. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

What surprises me is how the youtube fitness community seems to be able to sell out endless supplies of gym clothing. So weird.

Do I really need a tshirt to tell people I lift?

15. mrchariybrown

Did you just call me a brick wall? I think we're going to be best friends.

2 people like this.
  16. fuji

fuji Senior member

My goal is to use an unnecessary amount of gear to look like a natty guy with great genetics so I can fuck soulless girls with mental health and substance abuse issues. Im so much more noble then all of you.

8 people like this.
  17. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I'm getting back into lifting. This time around instead of working out a part of my body so it will recover in 2-3 days, I'm trying to really max it out so that it takes 5 days to recover. My chest for example, before Id work it out, then by day 3 be ready for it again. Now it takes much longer and I absolutely destroy my chest when I go to the gym.

Too soon to see any results yet. Anyone else do this? What are your opinions?

18. fuji

fuji Senior member

lots of studies against this, like shit tonnes. You want a big squat, squat daily.

1 person likes this.
  19. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Lol

20. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Most Youtube fitness subscribers do, yes.