1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I've only been in-house and on the research side but agencies are usually more exciting/variable. However, since it's so client-focused you might get hit with a client request that makes you work through the weekend and if you lose a client your whole team might get laid off.

2. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Yea wifey works in corporate marketing... sweet gig

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Cool. I'll keep that in mind. Excited for whatever is next..

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

damn down the road a semi full of ramen noodles crashed and boxes of ramen are everywhere. brb bulking season

3 people like this.
  5. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

JACKPOT

1 person likes this.
  6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

so much ramen

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

First thing I thought of when I saw that picture was Kali Muscle

1 person likes this.
  8. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I actually don't have any real working experience with marketing so far.
    I think the situation is different here. It's standard to go to Uni directly after high school or maybe 1-2 years after and just continue with a masters after your bachelors degree. A Bsc in business will pretty much not get you anywhere. It all results in people having very little working experience in their field when they graduate, unless they get an internship or do some projects with the student union.

So far I've worked as a digital media producer, basically making e-books, and before that I had an unqualified position as a market assistant. Just gathered some info on market position. Both in-house.

9. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Back to squatting again. The upper back injury I sustained a couple months ago still lingers somewhat, though. Some mornings I wake up and it just feels like I slept on it wrong, but the achiness is in the same spot. It usually goes away in a couple hours, and isn't even every night. There's a dull ache in the same spot after lifting that isn't really painful but I can feel it. No idea what's going on but whatevs.

Got my squat back up to 285, which is lame given I was doing like 340 before. Oh well, I'm going to go up slowly and make sure my form is right and that I've got solid mobility and am warming up sufficiently before from now on and I should make solid gains.

5 lbs away from a two plate bench. Fucking can't wait.

Haven't deadlifted in months but guessing I'm totaling around 800-850 which sucks because I was at like 950 a year ago. At least I'm bulking properly this time, though.

Trying to get 200-250g protein in a day and it's a challenge, only because my fucking shaker cup is in the sink full of dishes that I haven't done in two weeks. The struggle is real.

Weighed in at 188 the other day. Feeling much less fat than the last time I was around 190.

Hoping to total 1000, get my bench up 50 lbs and cross 200 again before looking to cut, even if that means being a chubby fuck for a couple months.

2 people like this.
  10. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I logged into my T-Nation account earlier today and was kind of overwhelmed.

11. Crat

Crat Senior member

First squats in over a month after running (ffs!) injury, feels good.

12. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

post-injury rhet squat bros PIRHETSQBFL :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  13. Crat

Crat Senior member

Yeah just saw ur post too. Good stuff mate!
    Dunno bout you I'm sore as hell now. Good sore tho.

14. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

My first set of 10 reps after warm up squats feels ridiculously heavy, and then the next 4 sets are all good. Also loving all the extra volume. Technique gets nailed down and I'm building a lot of muscle in this rep range at the moment too. Wish I'd tried higher volume earlier.

15. virus646

virus646 Senior member

At 220lbs right now but am planning in getting to around 230-240lbs. I feel I'm not that slow but I'll test it out more later this winter. Always trained focusing on strenght so there's that. Doing Sheiko at the moment and I feel all this squatting/benching/deadlifting will help.

16. ridethecliche

Fucking hell. Getting ready to leave work for a trip is the worst. I'm still at my desk. Heading to the gym now for an hour before it closes, then back to finish up, print tickets, etc. Off to miami in the morning!

Just ate a slice of pizza though. I might die at the gym...

If I was really dedicated, I would come into the gym on the way to the airport in the morning to do arms and abzz. Hmmmmmmmm....

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  17. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

220 is plenty big enough if you're not playing professionally. How tall are you?

If you're a strong dude with decent fitness, number 6 (blindside flanker) is the best position. You need to learn what you're doing in rucks and understand the rules but other than that it's freaking awesome - get the ball and run straight. Hit hard on defence. Smash into the rucks. Pretty simple.

18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Damn my gym sucks at night. Thought today that I should check it out because that might be the only time I can get a workout in once I get a job. Went at 8pm and it was fucking packed, couldn't find a free foam roller and that got me ticked off because you guys know how much I like to knobble. Then waited for some superfuture duds to get off the squat rack; they were curling the empty bar, wearing drop crotch sweats, some nike nsw, flyknits, and talking about how they were feeling rick owens and wanted to get some more flyknits.

2 people like this.
  19. Best Budz

Best Budz Senior member

Probably another stupid question, but when is the best time to take a whey protein shake? I would assume that it's after my workout but I eat dinner right afterwards and I was under the impression that the body can absorb/utilize only so much protein at a time. Thanks.

20. ridethecliche

Yup. Worst workout I've had in two weeks. Everything fucking sucked. Still got through 3x10 of 6 exercises.

You should have pulled a @thekunk07 and told them they were using your lucky barbell.

Also, what happened to @te3kay ? Residency's probably kicking his ass huh?