1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Shit's like 11 dollars for a plate. Eff that.

2. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Probably, but it depends on your goals. Do you want to run marathons, climb mountains, or just avoid dying early of a heart attack? It's not like lifting heavy is requisite for leading a normal life, either. I've taken up running lately because I like being able to hike up steep climbs without tiring out, and running for its own sake is actually pretty nice, especially if you're traveling and want to explore a bit in the morning.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

That was me but I didn't say it was the only way, just the most effective for me personally (I guess the "only" way I have found for myself).
    And yeah, it's working out better than anything else but my calves are still tiny.

4. msg

msg Senior member

What are you using to add weight?

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Weight vest, it's not much though. I think it's like 50lbs.
    Only thing is you have to be just be doing singles with minimal air or I'd think it would do all kinds of damage to be jumping with extra weight on you.

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

My calves got beefy when i got into running with a forefoot strike.

God I miss running.

1 person likes this.
  7. ridethecliche

But that guy is trying to bulk...

Truth be told, I'm probably going to start trying to erg/run/bike for an hour or two total a week in addition to lifting.

8. concealed

concealed Senior member

You can probably make the same thing at your house for half of that - big batch of rice, couple cans of beans cooked with garlic, 4lbs steak/chicken/pork, cans of salsa - commence bulking

2 people like this.
  9. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I do this all the time. Skip the salsa, add onion, corn, and use chile powder + cumin.

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, I make chipotle now since I was literally going every day. Costs like $5 a burritto and I make it with sirlion.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Smashed my interview at the buyside firm i applied to. Only 3rd year in the group and only one with experience, dat bulge bracket IBD so hopefully i'll get it. Some people in the group were retarded, we had to analyse 3 firms and give buy/sell recommendations, 2 of the 5 of us only did 1 firm and they were cambridge econ and oxford PPE, wtf mang. Firm only recruits from oxford, cambridge and LSE, feel so elite mang. Pay is absolutely sickening, but it's mainly performance bonus. If I get it ill buy my hedgehog to celebrate. Maybe ill name the hedgehog after the firm.

I eat absolute shit, lots of ice cream, cakes, fatty meats, greek yoghurt and granola and stay like mid teans bf%. 215 at maybe 15-16% right now, i would probably be fat if natty though.

1 person likes this.
  12. ridethecliche

Honestly, I'd been working so much and get free dinner during the week if I stay late enough, so I go to the gym late. Trying to have more of a life now so I'm going to start cooking again.

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

You already have a place at med school though so not really a big worry? Am 6'3", didn't buy a new suit since the summer when i was ripped to shit at like 185, was a bit tight, had to rush out and buy a shirt last night.

14. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Get a slow cooker and make shit with chuck or brisket (chuck is fattier). You can do much more with the pulled meat and it reheats great.

Ridethecliche: I'll be around. Just hit me up.

15. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

This Campbell's slow cooker sauce is delicious: Mexican red chile taco. Unfortunately, it was discontinued last month so only available online at those that have stock left. Bought 15 of them. Plop a 4lb beef chuck roast plus this sauce in crock pot for 6-8 hours, shred, and enjoy over rice/potato/tacos.

http://www.amazon.com/Campbells-Slow-Cooker-Sauces-Mexican/dp/B00CSS42HO

16. ridethecliche

I think I forgot my slow cooker at home...
    Might have to go get it soon!

@fuji , yeah man so pressure's off but this place is in NYC and probably the highest ranked program that I have an interview from.

17. ridethecliche

Ugh left elbow is still cranky. Going to take off thurs through Sun and see if that helps. Ill be off from the 22nd through the 30th as well probably due to travel and interviews. Ill vitamin I it up during that time and hope it helps.

I just feel a clicking in the joint. So bizarre.

18. TheSunisShining

TheSunisShining Senior member

19. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Weighted myself today went from 170 to 175 lbs. Clothes felt tight. Measured my chest. Chest went from 44 inches to 44.5 inches.

20. Eason

Eason Senior member

Wow, 44.5" chest and you're only 175 lbs? Are you a super-manlet?