1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Intraworkout shake with 120g carbs. CNS fatigue never once.

2. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I still don't get what the physiological basis for CNS fatigue is other than vague psycho/neuro ideas that don't seem like they should apply. I'm sure connectionist has done a lot of reading around the subject.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I wish I could get back into training with a group of guys like I did last year when I started lifting. Feels like there's no adrenaline and getting pumped during my lifts, sorta just do them nonchalant now adays..

4. accordion

accordion Senior member

bene i feel bad the waifs were saying you're too swole for schneider. Imo schneider is one of the few brands that are good for swole people.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

waifs have a very particular view of how built guys should dress, i.e. they should hide their gainz because working out is gauche

1 person likes this.
  6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Haha, those people.

1 person likes this.
  7. accordion

accordion Senior member

I think it's weird that the overwhelming majority of fashion brands only have ectomorphs in mind.

8. rjbman

rjbman Senior member

I've failed 3 deadlifts lately due to my lower back not able to stand up straight. Is it possible my rows are exhausting it to the point that it can't handle the deadlifts? Should I just swap the order, or is it probably something way more serious than that?

9. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

Why are you pulling after rows? I would do the compound movement first. Are your rows also so heavy that it extremely taxes your lower back?

10. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

I dont think ss fits me well, then again I'm kinda short so sizing up is not really an option and tts has too narrow shoulders

I also think benes would benefit greatly from just better pic quality/angle

11. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I've not encountered anyone in WAYWT who's said that.

12. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

+1
    What i thought people were saying is that you'll have to work more with proportions, as the clothes will sit differently on a built guy. Imo, its not about hiding that you're big, but turning it from a potential problem to an advantage.

Take Schneider: many of his tops are almost cropped length, and have a straight cut with no taper from the chest to hem. That will prob not look good on a thick built guy with a big drop.

13. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Until I start working out again i'm just going to blog the fuck out this thread.

Hella mega hottie at bar tonight, made out with her after hours, we agreed to end up at one of each others places, ugly, cockblocking friend swoops in and kills it all.

wtffff.

contemplating calling a hooker to quell aggression at situation. made $300+ in cash tips tonight, only worked like 6 hours. easy come, easy go. maybe.

drunkkkk

1 person likes this.
  14. fuji

fuji Senior member

last time i posted a fit it got like 10 pages of discussion of people arguing if i should show off gains or not.

2 people like this.
  15. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Any chance to make good on it tonight at your place instead?

16. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I think there is a time n place to show gains

Id personally prefer to have the option. If I am presenting to VPs or interviewing for a job/loan/we I want the ability to look like a normal person. Not too big and not all gaunt and starved in the face and veiny and shit.

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

It may differ from sector to sector and from country to country, but from my experience as long as you are dressed within the confines of the dress code and look professional, no one gives a fuck whether you are the rock or a marathon runner.

2 people like this.
  18. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Last time I tried on Schneider shirt, I almost ripped the sleeves off the armhole. And this was 4 years ago when I was 175 pounds.

4 people like this.
  19. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

I've said this before but one of the biggest issues I've found is that most designers don't know how to translate their fits to bigger sizes.
    As you go up from an M or L to XL they basically just add an inch to the chest and half inch to the shoulder, or whatever other arbitrary number they come up with.
    I mean I understand it (it's a bigger size, so lets just make it with bigger dimensions) but it doesn't really work at all. I've had a bunch of shit in Large that would fit pretty perfect if there was just a little more room in the chest and upper arms, but then when I go up to the XL it just looks fucking weird (and usually they don't let out the sleeves at all so it's still sausage time).

20. rjbman

rjbman Senior member

I didn't think they did, but I don't usually fail on my second warmup so I'm assuming that's the cause. Originally was just following the order GSLP had them in.