1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. fuji

fuji Senior member

I did pull ups every day over the summer when I was lighter, like 150 a day. All kinds of grips and rings too. Got up to like 40kgx8 weighted and 25 bodyweight. Obviously my recovery is a little enhanced, but with lower intensity you could probably do pull ups everyday fine. It put a tonne of size on my lats.

2. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

"greasing the groove" for pullups works very well, do a bunch of sets every day where you stop 2-4 reps before failure.

3. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

His sumo form is great.

4. speedy4500

speedy4500 Senior member

Snatch PR 112kg.... or 247lb for us Imperialists. Went up pretty easy too, might have tried 115kg but it's been a looooong time since my last snatch PR (such is the life of aged weight-lifters) so I wanted to walk out with a solid make instead of a bunch of potential misses. I'm definitely feeling that 115 before Christmas though.

2 people like this.
  5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I do a combo of pull ups, chin ups, push ups, chest press, and seated rows 6 days a week when I can. If time permits I add squats, ab crunches, and usually a 1-3 mile warm up run. No problems recently; however, I learned the hard way through many injuries to be meticulous about form.

6. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

So this chick always comes in when im bartending and blatantly hits on me. Finally took her home yesterday, she was on her period but let me do her in the butt, pretty nice.

3 people like this.
  7. larryr

larryr Senior member

If you're looking to build strength, why so many sets (and at low weight)? Get warm in the gym and get to 70% weight of what you're trying to accomplish, otherwise you're wasting a lot of energy you'd rather use on the heavier sets.

I'm more of a feel person in the gym, don't really have a number of sets or reps planned. It's a difference in philosophy, I'd feel like i was over thinking it with progression like that (or any planned progression), but that is just me.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  8. mrchariybrown

mrchariybrown Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Shut up. From your post you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

3 people like this.
  9. larryr

larryr Senior member

Ha, go fuck yourself. Knew it was a mistake to post workout advice in a clothing forum.

10. mrchariybrown

The funniest part about this post isn't the fact that a twink keyboard warrior is trying to insult someone that could crush his head between their juicy thighs.

But it's the fact that you called what you typed out.. "advice" lol

3 people like this.
  11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I took a week off from the gym to have a good time :slayer:

Gonna lift again Friday.

1 person likes this.
  12. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I'm home less than 10 days a month and haven't consistently worked out, besides random push-ups and body weight squats in a hotel room, in 19 months. Once my schedule gets a bit more consistent and I get settled into a new house, I'll actually be able to have a gym membership again and start lifting.

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

X-post from RFT but I've gained about 15 lbs over the past 3.5 years and somewhat outgrown my 2010 lamb TOJ moto. i'm planning on a cut before next summer so fingers crossed)--I can only wear it with a t-shirt and even then it's a bit borderline.

It's definitely a motivation to slim down though. As I get older and accumulate lifting injuries, I feel like I'll have to choose between slightly higher bf + size or lower bf + less LBM and. Given that I love my leather, it's a motivation to go with the latter, even though I kind of like the idea of the former.

14. larryr

larryr Senior member

I'm not here to argue, would honestly like to be able to participate in this thread.

I'm the "twink" with the keyboard :) 36yrs old, 5'10", ~210lbs in this pic (about a month ago), can't see my juicy thighs unfortunately.

[​IMG]

The way i mentioned is how i've achieved my biggest gains throughout my life (20+ yrs on and off lifting, college athlete). But I will admit i haven't lifted for pure strength in a while, just more bodybuilding now so I could be out of touch. If the OP feels they need to change it up, then you'll only see what works for you by trying things out. But i'd recommend a week of a different approach, if you feel you need it.

I travel a lot for work. For the last 8 months i've been traveling 4 days a week, luckily to the same location. I belong to NYSC, i travel to MA. and there is a BSC not too far that my membership allows me to go to. When i travelled other areas, I would just find a gym and get a week/month membership and suck up the costs. I usually try to get 2-3 days in while i'm here or how ever my schedule falls, but you have to be pretty rigid and love being in the gym. If i miss too many days in a row i feel like shit.

One of the big things that helps me traveling is that i cook each week and bring my meals with me. This is a little easier since i drive to this last job and can just pack a cooler. But your meals are obviously a large part of traveling. Really easy to get off track with a few nights of eating out and drinking with clients.

That's my story.

15. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

You might want to check the background of the guy you're responding to.

7 people like this.
  16. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  17. mrchariybrown

Aw... that's cute :)

18. mrchariybrown

My main point. OP wanted advice advice to build strength and you gave shitty "advice"..

"If you're looking to build strength, why so many sets (and at low weight)? Get warm in the gym and get to 70% weight of what you're trying to accomplish, otherwise you're wasting a lot of energy you'd rather use on the heavier sets.

I'm more of a feel person in the gym, don't really have a number of sets or reps planned."

I don't really have any beef with you but don't give out bad "advice" if you aren't qualified in any way to do so.

1 person likes this.
  19. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Had an appt with my orthopedic doc this morning. Took x rays, clavicle is healing beautifully he says. No shortening, from what he can tell, nothing lasting or debilitating. That clavicle is a little bit deformed from the break, but he said within the next year or so it should straighten back out to pretty much normal, as it stands you cant even tell unless im shirtless and you look really closely.

For the next few months he told me I should be a little careful, as new bone is still coming together and growing, so i'm slightly more susceptible for breakage again.

Cleared for heavy lifting and all physical activity though.... it's kind of daunting seemingly starting all over from scratch. Going to get back on gym routine monday no thanks to the dickless piece of shit who hit me.

Any guys who have been sidelined by a serious injury for 4+ months have any advice on getting back in there? Won't lie and say i'm not a little bit intimidated and scared.

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Finally got health insurance for the first time in four years. Went to the dentist today to find out I need 5 fillings :( wtf I brush 3x a day and floss 3x a day. Not aesthetic teeth. This will be great if now that I have health insurance I find out how exactly fucked I am.