1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Me too. Moved to the US when I was 20. Well, the first year I lived in dorms so there was a pretty easy transition (dining hall food, roomates, no rent etc), very few bills. 2nd year things got real interesting, just after I turned 21.

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Gf and I are being Ryu and Chun-Li

2 people like this.
  3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I'm going to be Popeye. Mostly because I've been wearing white pants and a RRL sailor hat for the past few months. Figure I could get anchor tattoos, a pipe, and a beer kooze that says SPINACH.. I'm set up to have an amazing weekend. It's also F1 race weekend in America.

4. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

Thanks! Should be pretty good, hit a decent squat PR recently, but bench isnt going anywhere fast and deadlift is a real crapshoot! Will be fun anyway.

1 person likes this.
  5. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Good luck Aidan. You're in Auckland right?

6. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

Our main lift on our secondary bench day is 3-count pause work, and all of our competition grip width benching is done with a comp pause. We use TnG for close-grip, incline etc done later in the sessions. Seems to help off the chest a bunch.

7. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

Thanks, yep doing the APA novice meet.

8. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Cool. What gym do you go to up there? Seems like they're pretty onto it.

9. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

I train at GetStrength. It's a small gym at the back of an equipment manufacturing facility, but the manufacturing is moving soon and the gym is taking over the space. I was lifting at a YMCA before I found this place, now I can't go back to shitty gear. I started out lifting in a globo gym when I was living in the states. How about you?

Maybe you guys will like this. Shot a video of a Brett Gibbs training session at a meet we recently hosted. Dude is a machine. I think he is one of only four elite level SBD sponsored athletes.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

I am an 80s NYC punk

[​IMG]

Next year my wife and I are going to be Andy Warhol and Basquiat

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    11 people like this.
  11. fuji

fuji Senior member

I bought 2 pairs of womens skeleton leggings. Will wear one on my arms and one on my legs, so much effort and thought. Went to my unis student bar today. Some guy was like "your up up up guy from the gym". I shout up when I lift usually, quite weird people notice.

2 people like this.
  12. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Im going to be bartending halloween night, should be in costume. i was thinking of going as santa and just fucking with peoples heads. but might be too late to buy a costume.

i have a pretty good beard going right now, if i leave just the mustache what kind of shit can i pull together that i probably already have at home to be someone?

13. virus646

virus646 Senior member

I shout UP as well. We're all connected brah

14. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Why does the Smith machine exist... even upright rows suck on them

I am seriously considering buying an Olympic barbell to bring down to my apt gym. They redid everything and kept the shit machine

15. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

I feel so shitty. Came out of low carb feeling amazing, was skinny, PR on most lifts, bla blub. 1 week business trip with a hotel gym that had nothing heavier than 50 lbs dumbbells but churros and cake and stuff twice a day. Slightly over two weeks of beach vacation (incl. cake, icecream, booze) with a great gym but 32°C with only fans at the gym. Came home and got instantly sick with a cold for a week. Surprisingly I still have only gained 2.5kg during those 4 weeks of binge eating and drinking.

Unfortunately gf's Schengen visa was declined again (that's what you get for being born in the warm and sunny 3rd world) so instead of having until next April to get in shape I will suffer the hardship of flying to the Caribbean again for Xmas and NewYear. My original plan was to finally bulk until end of January and then cut again (probably ECY + Low Carb together this time). I have massive ego problems not to cut before going on vacation and being flubby but I don't see myself doing any progress by bulking a month, then cutting a month, then bulking 2 month and again cutting a month. So current plan is to do full body workout every second day until January, pretend vacation is deload and try to cut down on the junkfood this time, and then cut in February and March.

Forgot to mention, deadlifting the first time this week felt approximately as exhausting as reading the last 700 posts in this thread to catch up. I'm humbled by you guy's progress but then at least I don't suffer from any training accidents yet.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  16. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

fittit is the worst. Scrawny dude gains 10 pounds in 4 months from 142-152 (can't lose dem aesthetics, amirite?), squats 160 (POUNDS!), deadlifts 145, benches 120, and people are telling him he made GREAT PROGRESS FOR 4 MONTHS!

1 person likes this.
  17. fuji

fuji Senior member

220kgx5 230kgx2 on deads today. Was really surprised I only got 2 with 230kg, my strength drops off massively when I go below like 8 reps. Went 200x9 the other day.

1 person likes this.
  18. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

113 upvotes isn't a lot considering how big fittit is.

19. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

It's just the circlejerk. The guy is scared to bulk because AESTHETICS BRO and anyone who says that is downvoted.