• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random health and exercise thoughts

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8opO8la.jpg

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I don't get that ****. I laugh at it because it's funny and all but.. Is it a result of internet nerds who research **** online all day at work being directed to stuff like Starting Strength because its the best way to become a strong burly man that they wish to be? Then they end up hating their workout routine because after a year of training and finally being able to squat 250lbs they still realize they are a desk jockey who reads reddit too much with just a bigger ass. I'm not trying to be a smart ass but when I will occasionally read MopeilityWOD and the comments and I truly don't get it.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mark Bell's podcast is pretty funny. Was listening to it today while working on my car, good free entertainment.

^ Why is my life in your post.......

But you're actually jacked and seem to have a life outside of lifting and going to work. Also from your videos you posted training seems like fun, people yelling at you to finish your rep, garage gym etc.

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Weight and rep PRs on squarts today: 345x1; 225x16. I'm kind of pissed at the 225x16 since it was definitely a willpower fail... had a split second of doubt before the last rep and I checked out. Next time...

Hi bar or lo bar?

Wasn't your hi bar "daily max" like 275 a week ago when you started with this daily squatting? I know you've done it for 5 before. Already become accustomed to the workload? 225 x 16 sounds horrible to me, ha

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You'll never be able to make someone do something unless they want it for themselves.

There's lots of ways to force people to do things, for example with a knife

But there are also less violent/illegal ways to actually make people want to do things themselves, which is what I was looking for tips on (i.e. the dog thing). I need some carrots

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The answer is obvious, threaten to kill a dog with a knife unless she starts lifting.

Donut

Reaction score
What are you guys listening to(if you guys listen to music while working out at all) during your workouts? I basically just play Filth and Death Grips over and over. Need to change it up.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Above & Beyond Group Therapy podcast or A State of Trance

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are you guys listening to(if you guys listen to music while working out at all) during your workouts? I basically just play Filth and Death Grips over and over. Need to change it up.

Pusha T's new album is great lifting music, can't go wrong with DMX and Tupac either.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Headed to San Diego next week for a conference. Will be staying on Coronado Island and considering getting a massage at the spa there. Last time I got a massage(my first) I tried to get a lady for the nohomo effect. She ended up being ugly as sin and gave a ****** massage. Still have trouble imagining myself fully relaxing with some bro oiling me down, though.

What do?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads