1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

You guys like true nutrition whey right? Where to get it cheap?

2. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Never bought any, but don't they only sell direct? They have some sort of referral program though where people get personal codes. If you look at their forums you can find out more about it.

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Yea I just buy it off the site.... best whey isolate by a landslide

4. ridethecliche

I thought someone had a discount and or referral code.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

use MEADOWS
    I think that should still work. The codes are only 10% off.
    If it doesn't work then just look at the forums and you'll find a code pretty quick, most people have one in their sigs on the forum.

6. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

So the past week or so I've felt really weird, like a dull pain in my chest that would get worse if I breathe in really deeply. I sort of had a cold so I didn't think much of it, but I did wonder if it was some kind of back issue. Fast forward to today, back in the gym for the first time in forever, squat day. I'll admit I didn't warm up enough. My warm up sets were okay. So went to do my first work set and felt okay throughout the set, then I rack the bar and get a pain in my back sometimes like how it feels after deadlifting, just a dull pain almost like a muscle ache.

It's now 20 minutes later and it hurts to walk or sit down. Never hurt my back this bad before. It almost feels like it's in the muscles, but also like I need to crack my back really bad. Not sure what to do about this. Was thinking chiropractor or deep tissue massage. Suggestions?

7. ridethecliche

8. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

thanks guys. I was looking for other jobs already and getting interviews but it'd be nice to have left on my own terms. I'm paid through feb so i'm fine money-wise but i don't want to just sit around during the slow times (i.e. holidays) with my thumbs up my ass.

Plus with this patellar tendon thing (partial tear) i'm limited to upper body work, so i can't even use this time to improve my cardio or yoga flexibility. I'm seeing an ortho tomorrow to check on my knee.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  9. ridethecliche

Can you do some freelance stuff to keep you busy while you keep interviewing and wait to hear back from other places?

Or maybe even take a class or two, either at a school or for free online. It's a good way to keep things going and stay mentally fresh while you wait to hear back. That way, you also have something to talk about re: what are you up to, when you interview.

10. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I'm going to try to ice/heat it for a couple days and see how it goes, I think.

11. ridethecliche

I mean. You've already had issues for a week and they just came to a head, but yeah monitor things pretty closely and definitely set something up if things start feeling even more off.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Damn I left my Rheband knee sleeves at my gym since like Friday. They probably long gone.

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

yeah, i'm sticking around my office for a while to learn a bunch of other peoples' jobs so i can pad out my resume a bit. working on drumming up freelance work.

I've already applied to get my MS in Marketing with a focus on Marketing research and should get in but that doesn't start till next year.

1 person likes this.
  14. OccultaVexillum

I'm at the gym right now and a dude showed up with Supras on, put Romaelos on to squat, put Nike free's on the bench, put chucks on to dead and is now putting the Supras back on to do pendlays.
    Dude is serious.

15. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Wat are his numbers, his total's gotta be better than Charlys

16. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yup they are gone. sonofabitch. whats the cheapest place to get SPD from?

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Also fuck rich people. I lifted with straight up criminals at Powerhouse and not one thing was stolen from me. Now I'm at this swanky ass gym that costs way too much per month and has marble everywhere but a playas gotta steal a pair of sweaty knee sleeves.

Also fuck the gym in general, how can you have a CSCS but not know what a knee sleeve is.

18. ridethecliche

Did you check the lost and found?
    I've taken a bandana from the gym, but it was sitting there for like a week before i grabbed it, threw it in my laundry bag, etc.

19. OccultaVexillum

I know he squatted 325 for 1 double and benched 195 for a triple. Didn't see the rest, but safe to say he definitely didn't need 4 pairs of shoes to hit any of his numbers.

20. knucks

knucks Senior member

friend has his romas stolen from our gym. we have like 10members too. must've been someone from the group training or baseball or something else that's athletic