1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Yo Charly those pants I bought from you are my favorites. Some don't fit though. Any more pants like those?

1 person likes this.
  2. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

That suit looks like a great fit. I'm no expert on classic menswear though but nothings sticks out to me.

3. accordion

accordion Senior member

schneider knit are pretty forgiving towards body measurement changes. And drapey stuff generally looks better if you have the frame to support it.

4. conceptionist

Yes, I have a couple of brands and types of clothes that I know work.

Like trousers generally look better on me than jeans. The only jeans that look great with my other stuff is Zam B, but I can only afford them ay 70% off, lol.
    For tee's its either something drapey or some kind of thick cotton in a regular long cut, not slim cut. Slim tops accentuate my hips.
    For pants I like a generous top and pretty sharp taper.
    I like the the look of long tailored coats, but they seem to accentuate the chest and shoulders a bit too much. Maybe it was just the styles I tried. I think parkas or bombers/ some other short style should be a safer bet.
    Then there's some visual tricks like no horizontal stripes as it gives a wider impression. Also found that busy or loud patterns can be very tricky. A lot of darker colors as they have a slimming effect.

5. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

y'all are too worried about your hips/quads. You got strong bull legs let them show.

great fit rdc.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Yeah. It's a relatively traditional brooks brothers cut in a 41 R pants were 35 but brought down to 32 (which is a bit too much to change but it works). The shoulders are perfect on me. I bought it second hand for med school interviews and formal things. It's the best fitting suit I've ever owned and it needed 80 bucks of alterations to get there (nip waist, fix pants waist and inseam).

The issue with lifting re: clothes is that it can throw off shoulder shape considerably. I learnt this when wearing unstructured jackets where the shoulders can look a bit awkward at times. It sometimes helps to have a more structured shoulder since the musculature of the shoulders changes and it can slope a bit more with more muscle on it. My legs haven't grown that much since I can't really train them too heavy, but pants that were loose are starting to get a bit tight at the quads and hams. As long as it stays proportional-ish, I'm happy. I definitely need to suck it up and do more lunges though!

You might have to play with brands and even sizes to see what works for you, but there's no reason why you can't look good. It's like starting from scratch though in terms of finding what works.

7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

ridethecliche looking sharp, you don't look like you lift though. Neither do I so I know the feel.

Concept you're like god status height, imagine being a manlet and thick. It sucks!

Speaking of suits and stuff was in the gym doing my dyel deadlifts and there's a meeting room door next to the rack. Like 10 dudes who were all six foot plus and well built walked out in suits, thought they all looked pretty good for how much muscle they were carrying. They must be well paid because all their suits fit really good, I don't like having multiple pairs of shit so usually shit is either too baggy or too tight but w/e. When I stop living in apartment soon I'll have a bigger closet.

8. Cool The Kid

This is what I like too, I'm realizing, and it's fucking impossible to find, at least in the mainstream stores I shop at. If I could get pants with that shape in cotton with a little stretch I'd be golden. Very forgiving combo for people who lift.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Doesn't work for me. Sharp taper makes my legs look like giant carrots. I've got a pair of outlier futureworks that have a pretty strong taper but its only to like 7.5 or 8" and I like them.

These are the tightest pants I own and they are not really tight, yet they feel like jeggings on me cause I hate tight shit. WAYWT RHET would be cool but we would never keep up with it, would help me out though and make me get out of my every day standard issue white military shirt, sugar canes, and new balances.

[​IMG]

these are comfortable as hell though, don't really give a shit.

[​IMG]

10. Cool The Kid

I dont know about a RHET WAYWT ... but an ongoing thread for clothes for RHET brahs (and non SF waifs in general) would be good. I have an idea of what I like, I just need to find out where to buy it.

11. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I suppose that's true, but my point is that good clothing and fits can make you look put together and not like a gorilla in clothing. Charly looks pretty normal in his fits he's posted so there's that as well.

In that picture, I'm also like 20-25 lbs heavier than I was a year ago.

It doesn't cost that much to have a tailor/seamstress taper pants.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

If I was super jacked and rich I'd probably wear outlier all the time. Look super sporty all the time yet sorta put together.

Nice! Good gains

13. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

i mean we can just do waywt's here.

Some stuff i've worn the past few days. The Uniqlo jeans are the Loose tapered fit and i like them a lot. They're on sale right now actually.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. conceptionist

You could just get a pair of stretch chinos sized to fit the quads and then taper them. I did that a while ago with a pair from Uniqlo and it worked well. I was lighter back then though.

15. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

This cut has been everywhere for the last two years I dunno what stores you're going to.

1 person likes this.
  16. Cool The Kid

Im thinking more like these V Ave pants Charly sold me. They have a borderline drop crotch and pretty extreme taper. Really really roomy in the hips/thighs, perfectly tapered down at the ankle, at my waist size. Shit I've tried at stores is too tight in my waist size, or too big at the waist if I size up, and then I have to pay on top of that to get it tapered. I'm damn near thinking of getting these pants copied if I can.

1 person likes this.
  17. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Luxire supposedly is good at copying pants, or patterns in general

18. accordion

accordion Senior member

Drop crotch stuff is somewhat niche but it goes very well with a manlet lower body.

19. Cool The Kid

This might be the wave. I will have to wait until after my cut though

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea luxire is great at repros