1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Fuck. Just got out of the chiro, had something called the "Graston technique" on some bicep tendonisis. I've had a LOT of ART done in the past, first time I've had this done. I don't know which hurts/feels awesome more.
    It's basically a blunt straight razor that they shave your muscle with extremely hard.

2. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I've had Gratson done on my adductor :slayer:

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

get out of extension people

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Now that I'm in a city that has access to all this stuff, I would have loved to do some martial arts stuff. I've always been interested in it, but it never quite worked out time-wise and my parents were against it because I wasn't very disciplined as a kid. Sounds funny cause it's the exact thing I should have been put into!

I think boxing is the middle ground that would be back friendly-ish. I can't see BJJ or krav mega or grappling or any of that stuff being good for your back if you've already put a big dent in it...

5. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Every pair of Nikes I've ever owned was a 10 except the Romaleos. Had to get a 9.5

6. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Try Thai Chi. It looks back friendly.

7. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

I will recommend Sheiko once again.
    My programming rests on the same principles and it has helped my technique a lot. Its def more catered towards powerlifting than 5/3/1, that's for sure.

P/P/L for 3x a week training is not optimal, since it would only mean 1x a week frequency for the lifts and muscles. Twice or more is known to be more effective both for muscle growth and strength gains.

8. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

loled for like 5 minutes when I googled that graston technique thing.

9. ridethecliche

Leg is bothering me today... Hopefully back is just a little annoyed from the traveling this weekend. I'm going to go light on the weights tonight and do a bunch of core stability work.

I need to figure out how to get my hamstring flexibility up as well. It's awful. I might get another referral to PT from my surgeon to see if I can work on it there.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

RHET anyone want to let me know wtf a smart grid is? Interviewing at an energy company for a part time analyst job at an energy firm doing something with smart grids. Only 20 hours a week so it'll be nice to have some extra money whilst studying. Thank you quant degree from a target uni for giving me better part time career prospects then my friends with masters in English/History/Drama/Politics/Philosophy from non target unis.

11. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

Anyone have experience getting sport massages or ART? I think I saw someone talk about it on here recently.

I had a bilateral sports hernia 1.5 years ago and had surgery on each side. 15 years+ soccer will do that I guess. I actually feel better than ever and my ability improved a lot after surgery. During rehab my physical therapist used to massage my adductors/other parts of my groin and it really helped. Getting kinda tight lately even with exercise/stretching. Anyone ever do sports massage/ART and notice a benefit? I think I'm gonna give my PT a call and getting her opinion as we'll.

12. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

13. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

wtf happened to banking?

14. jarude

jarude Senior member

be thankful you are mathematically inclined

-english major

ART helped with my elbow tendinitis/osis/extensor and supinator being fucked. it was probably the single biggest thing driving my rehab; by no means was it the ultimate solution, but in conjunction with simple stuff like stretching, massage, nsaids + flossing etc. it did wonders.

obviously i cannot go back in time and evaluate injury rehab without ART, but for some perspective, i bitched about not being able to lift because my elbow was fucked up for the better part of a year, did 8 weeks of ART 2x/week, and I'm back to 98%. still not lifting, but stupendous progress.

15. fuji

fuji Senior member

This is just a part time job during uni a few days a week because I got used to my banking money and I don't want to stop spending like I currently am lol.

Fucking yes rhet I sent my ex gf from when i was like 17 topless selfies out of the blue asking if she wanted some fuck and she does. Went for drinks last night and she's going to come over for some fuk on friday. That no contact for like 2 years then randomly sending nudes is clearly the way.

3 people like this.
  16. ridethecliche

Got my elbow sleeves and wrist wraps when I was home. Got to use them today. It was rad.

Also brought up my straps for doing lunges...

17. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

hmmm…. may have to try that! Nice dude :slayer:

18. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

Charly's most recent PRs showed up on lift.net's ig account today

19. fuji

fuji Senior member

how heavy are you doing lunges you need straps? I use like 35-50lb dbs.

20. ridethecliche

I was up to 60, but my grip gives out. I'm going to drop the weight down though. I think I was going too heavy and my form suffered.

Should be able to do 40-50.

How come you go so light?