1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Female track cyclists >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And yea its a shame cycling doesn't utilize the arms for power.... still my favorite cardio though

When I was a kid I could bunnyhop a garbage can on its side and wheelie around a block non stop #CSB

2. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

You do utilize your arms. Ever try to sprint without holding onto the bars?

3. Cool The Kid

Yea but you just need them for stability, not power. You can't justify 17-18" arms for cycling.

4. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

track sprinting is fucking insane. the power output required for the start is something mere mortals can only have wet dreams about

5. ridethecliche

Pulling harder on the bars got me 200+ Watts on sprints. Could have been more. You can certainly use your back/arms to sprint harder. The issue is that you have to carry those 3-4 lbs everywhere.

17-18 inches is pretty big in general. I'm still at about 15 or a bit under right now and I'm 15-20 lbs heavier than when I raced.
    Yeah. I really wish I could have done that stuff. It would have been so much fun.

I had a peak 5 second output of over 1400 watts when I raced and I could hold 1K watts for 30 seconds. Track would have been amazing.

6. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I grew up in a pretty strict household food wise, which is not neccesarily a bad thing. No soda, not much sweets, no fast food really, mom cooked fresh everynight.

Now as an adult I can't get enough of shitty garbage. Candy, soda, fast food...all of it.

When I was actually lifting and working a set schedule and had a routine down I was fine. But now that my work hours are all over the place, i'm not lifting, i've been eating absolute crap.

Need to hone in on myself, turning kinda skinny fat.

7. Cool The Kid

Mark hows the recovery coming along dude? Any legal closure?

8. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Back been healing up nicely after 3 days of rest. Been doing some Romanian Deads. No pain.

9. ridethecliche

What'd you do to your back?

10. barrelntrigger

Not sure but woke up with a stiff back. Did some low bar squats. Skipped the DLs. Drove to work. Got out of car and my back was like, "Fuck you. I'm out! Peace!" Rested for 3, 4 days. First 2 days with ice. Been using a heat pad. Should heal up within a few days. Squats and deadlifs, here I come!

11. jarude

jarude Senior member

Weed is the ideal substance for lifters,do not understand people ripping pot whilst drinking.

1 person likes this.
  12. fuji

fuji Senior member

Ketamine definitely is. Only lasts like an hour, no comedown, your not going to get the munchies and eat loads of shit, you won't even know what eating is and your going to relax your muscles so much you need your flat mates to carry you back into the house after you go for a cigarette. Random health and ketamine thoughts thread.

1 person likes this.
  13. ridethecliche

Why would you do squats if you have a stiff back?

Good call on the rest.

14. barrelntrigger

Well, I often wake up with a stiff back. I usually stretch it out. I guess I didn't do enough stretching before and after squats? This doesn't happen to me very often. The last time it did was like 3 years ago...It's a constant reminder I should take ever precaution to prevent back injuries.

15. concealed

concealed Senior member

nah its opiates

16. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Yep PCP or Bath Salts and you are a PR reaching MOFO

1 person likes this.
  17. tesseract

tesseract Senior member

You are all wrong. It's Xanax. Nothing will make you less anxious and more confident about a PR than a Xanax.

2 people like this.
  18. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

Most likely, the cause of the injury/strain was not that you didn't stretch your low back, but that your technique is bad. If that's the case, you need to change your technique or the injury will come back once you start lifting again.

Post a video of your squat and deadlift form and maybe we can see what's causing it.

1 person likes this.
  19. jarude

jarude Senior member

I was thinking about weed making you eat like a horse and hence positively affecting recovery

20. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

weed allows me to put my appetite on manual. I don't really get hungry but i also don't really get full.