1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

It's very common these days, its good business for them to have fit and healthy employees and at least around here most of them offer help with rehab, smoke stop, fat loss etc.

2. sonick

sonick Senior member

My old company had an uproar one time when the 'health & fitness committee' chairperson suggested having a 'healthy food' potluck instead of the standard potluck.

On a related note, I always get self conscious prepping lunch at my work kitchen when people see a plate piled high with meat and broccoli as they'll inevitably make some sort of comment.

3. fuji

fuji Senior member

what kind of company do you work for?

Brb going to HR next time I decide taking tremadol for 2 weeks is a good idea.

Tremadol is fun, does anyone here train calves? My calves looked shit when I was 170 and they look even worse at 210.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  4. fuji

fuji Senior member

Not in England, gumtree is full of plastic 1" plates, shit exercise bikes and sit up benches at near retail price.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

My calves were total shit until I started using the jump rope with a weighted vest. I've always had small chicken calves and tried everything. The only thing that really did anything was training calves every single day in some capacity but after a few months that stopped working. Now I just skip with the 30lb vest for 5-10 bouts of 60-120 seconds. They still suck but are getting a lot better.

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Cool, I have been thinking about setting up my apartment with a full system. I get 75% off bc I know the marketing duder from there.

7. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

If you get 75% off, there's no reason not to get all of it. I was strongly considering getting her the sound bar and sub that Sonos makes, but at $600+ each, it was a hard gamble. But under $500 for the two would be a no brainer. If I could get it that cheap, I'd probably have the entire condo set up with a speaker or two in each room.

8. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

damn, 75% off. i would add to my single play 3 at that price for sure.

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Yea, def will. Just trying to save for a house right now and was like hmm do I really need this. But I can keep that system for awhile and move it into my new house.

10. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

First day back after deload week was utter shit. Hopefully I pick it up soon.

11. fuji

fuji Senior member

Russled some people on the train today. Fat women asks me if she could have my seat, asked her why and she said her knees hurt or some shit. I'm not giving up my seat because you ate too much, if I fuck my knee squatting I'm not going to ask people to give up their seat, I shouldn't have fucked up my knee. Fucking fatties man. I did more then 5 reps yesterday, I've got DOMs, the struggle is real.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    10 people like this.
  12. Eason

Eason Senior member

never change, fuji <3

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

I'm going home to some dry as shit turkey and parsley meat balls and a "tuna bake" consisting of tuna in water on grated cauliflower, zuchini and low calorie cheese. She obviously isn't. My MD made another intern cry today, it was intense. Women is absolutely terrifying.

14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

So terrifying that there are multiples of her?

15. OccultaVexillum

How many of you guys can do muscle ups? Figured I'd give them a try for the first time today after my conditioning and I just couldn't get the transition down.
    I spent like 20 mins trying. Getting above the rings wasn't a problem, and a few times I locked out my elbows but it didn't seem like a true muscle up. Anybody got tips? I tried on my pull up bar and rings, the rings felt easier since they rotated, but the false grip felt awkward. Is it just a practice thing?

16. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Im too fat for that shit. Maybe in like 6 months

1 person likes this.
  17. fuji

fuji Senior member

I could do one when I was like 180lb, but not anymore and there wasnt much muscle involved. Well I probably could if I could do a false grip on rings, but without a massive kip I can't flip my wrists.

Cannot wait to bulk again, feeling horrific this lean, max strength is dropping off, but reps are still good. Haven't even had the chance to really use my ice cream maker yet, only twice :(

18. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

muscle ups are pretty impressive but its a good way to tear your labrum unless you can do them without swinging/kipping (which not many people can)

I can chin up 6 x BW+120lbs, but I can't do a muscle up; I think there's some skill to the kipping technique plus I'm not willing to really go for it

19. OccultaVexillum

Yeah, I've never really thought about them. But I have rings in my garage and don't do much on them other than some L sits, leg raises, the occasional pull up, dip, push up or inverted row. Walking by them today I figured is try them, and I only kept going because after the first few attempts I thought is be able to get it with some practice.

20. OccultaVexillum

But yeah the whole kip thing is weird. I'm so used to doing dead hang pull-ups with a pause. All slow and deliberate, the muscle up is all momentum and technique. It would take a while to just separate the 2 movements and start getting really explosive with the pull.
    I dunno, I kind of want to get it now that I've started but it's just as likely I'll never even bother trying again lol.