1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Ah lol just moved from there 2 months ago

2. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Any of you guys ever refuse to spot someone who asks?

Did today because this dude drops weights all the fking time and I didn't want him to bail out of a squat with me behind him. He was rustled but whatevs not risking injury for him.

1 person likes this.
  3. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I only spot squats and will only spot from the front. Normally after I say that no one asks me to spot. Ever.

2 people like this.
  4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I hate spotting people on the bench at my new gym. Most the time they want to do burnout stuff where I'm moving most the weight.

1 person likes this.
  5. accordion

accordion Senior member

Do you guys wear jeans? If so, slim or regular? I'm about to sell my sixth pair within the past half of a year because of sizing issues. I can't seem to find anything with a lowish rise that fits bigger thighs. My best fitting ones are the uniqlo stretch tapered things. I know there are multiple threads on this and I went through them all, thinking about just not wearing jeans.

edit: just rage copped a pair of PBJs cuz I'm sick of this shit, if they don't fit I'm burning them.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  6. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Just buy a size too big. That's generally what I do. For the most part it helps the thighs, makes the waist too baggy, but whatevs.

7. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

I can't wait to finish these fucking med school apps so I can get back to the gym more often. Still been going 3ish times a week because I refuse to go crazy. I should be done by the end of this week, then I just have to submit all of them.

Fak.

8. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

I know someone who sizes up 2 sizes and tailor the waist down. You might want to try that.

9. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Dude where are you applying?

10. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Only pair of jeans I have are Levis 511 black stretch. Funny thing is I've been wearing the same size for like 10 years, over which time I gained like 50lbs. But I wore them baggy back then.

11. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

no, but this is different at my gym because if you're asked to spot the person doing the lifting will know to fail so that the spotters can actually do their work if required. Spotting a squat is almost always a two-person job anyways, guys on both ends is much better than one guy standing behind you at erection distance.

12. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Everywhere. More like where am I not applying.

Seriously though, doing forty schools....

1 person likes this.
  13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Just buy repro cuts. Sugar Cane 1947s work good. Stay away from stuff like PBJ and other more modern cuts.

14. accordion

accordion Senior member

15. Tigerprawn

Tigerprawn Senior member

I've given up on denim again. Only had one pair that I had high hopes for and now I'm selling them off for a loss (nature of denim sales). I kept telling myself they'd eventually fit, but after sitting in my closet for all this time I just kinda go back to sweatpants and stretchy shits.

16. concealed

concealed Senior member

I am currently doing this with a pair of RRL Slim Straights, should I just get rid of them now or hold out hope for losing a bit of weight???

17. accordion

accordion Senior member

Brands like samurai, iron heart, momo, etc don't really make slim tapered cuts. Their fits at the knees and below are all baggy. The momo collabos are only skinny fits. Flathead has one but I don't like the dimensions. APCs have bad fabric and a knee bulge problem. Never tried edwin but I doubt they'll have a good tapered cut. I've found like two that could potentially work. The LVC 1954 501, which different sites give conflicting measurements, and the UES 400t http://ues.shop.japaneseselvagejeans.com/goods.php?goods_id=305. They gave a reply then ignored my follow-up. I'm not really a, what the kids call "denimhead" but having tried out a bunch of stuff, there's a big quality to price difference among the common mid and upper tier brands. N&F at $150 is just not worth it unless that's the max you can spend, which in that case you can still get something a lot better secondhand.

It's all about the thighs man, at least for me. None of this sizing up or down crap makes any sense. Unless the cut is vanity sized, if so it's easy to tell from the waist measurements.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  18. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

uniqlo leggings jeans are super stretchy and pretty good.

I'm considering getting some 501's to wear at my hips and then taper for the charly-dropcrotchy look.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I bought a pair of those Uniqlo jeans. maybe if youre a male with a thigh gap then they would fit.