Random health and exercise thoughts

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Eason, Dec 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Kas

Kas Senior member

4x5 deadlift and bench today. 48,4 kg on the bench; 68,4 on deadlift - feeling like a weak pussy, but hoping to see some similarities to a lion by the end of the year. Added some wall-balls, med ball cleans and pull-ups for practice. Should be approaching the title of "healthy beginner" soon.

2. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Anybody have thoughts about squats vs deadlifts?

i do both.

deadlifts are one of my favourite exercises. Squats are pretty essential.

3. bloodyman

bloodyman New Member

thx for the response guys.

Okay when people saying they are able to lift 2x or 3x their bodyweight, do they count the Barbell Bar too?

4. stickshift

stickshift Senior member

Okay when people saying they are able to lift 2x or 3x their bodyweight, do they count the Barbell Bar too?

Yes.

5. stickshift

stickshift Senior member

4x5 deadlift and bench today. 48,4 kg on the bench; 68,4 on deadlift - feeling like a weak pussy, but hoping to see some similarities to a lion by the end of the year. Added some wall-balls, med ball cleans and pull-ups for practice. Should be approaching the title of "healthy beginner" soon.

NP man, keep going at it, quality > quantity.

6. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

Yes

I work out alone and when my friends compared our lifts I was always 20kgs less than theirs even though I thought we were at the same level, and then I realised I wasn't counting the bar. [​IMG]

7. jarude

jarude Senior member

Both? If only one, then squats.

Haven't been able to work out for 3 weeks, sick or not I'm going back to the gym tomorrow.

I don't know how you're still functioning; one week without the gym and I get cranky, frustrated, irritable, soft and weak.

8. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I don't know how you're still functioning; one week without the gym and I get cranky, frustrated, irritable, soft and weak.

Well, having superAIDS for 2 weeks will make you feel cranky, frustrated, irritable, soft and weak too.

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

OOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH that was a fucking good workout. The expresso shot helped carry me though the dry coughing. Even managed to do 10 minutes of cardio after. (leg workout)

when I'm happy with my body I'll start posting nudes in WAYWT

10. Nil

Nil Senior member

Well, having superAIDS for 2 weeks will make you feel cranky, frustrated, irritable, soft and weak too.

You must have the weakest immune system ever since you always seem to be bitching about being sick.

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

That's what I'm thinking, I think it was a full year of having to take antibiotics every time I had the sniffles because I couldn't miss a day for work, totally wiped out my immune system.

12. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Man, that sucks big time.

13. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Back at it! Kept it light today, but strength was good and only slight discomfort in the shoulder socket. Going to generally abandon the idea of breaking PR's etc this summer. Might as well give my shoulder a little more time and I want to run 5k's with my GF and not have to eat myself into the poor house. Or I'll try to just increase one lift at a time.

14. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

I think I've finally gotten the hang of power cleans. Did several sets of 3 after my deadlift workout and felt comfortable enough with them that I dared to do a couple of power-clean-and-jerks. I don't know if that's a proper lift.

I never thought that guys that did only bicep work existed. I always assumed they were some gym urban legend or joke aimed at bodybuilders, but tonight I finally saw one. He was doing DB curls when I arrived, and was still doing cable curls when I exited the gym. He must've been there for 2 hours.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I never thought that guys that did only bicep work existed. I always assumed they were some gym urban legend or joke aimed at bodybuilders, but tonight I finally saw one. He was doing DB curls when I arrived, and was still doing cable curls when I exited the gym. He must've been there for 2 hours.

Dude must be a Gregg Valentino fan sans Synthol [​IMG]

Almost as funny are the guys who always bench and do arm curls exclusively, then end up with hugely disproportionate bodies, if they even manage to progress at all. For some reason the gym I frequent has recently been saturated with these guys (must be the approaching summer).